Santander 123 CC - declned & disappeared

Options
Tried to use my 123 MasterCard today and it was Declined. Tried again, same result! Since I was nowhere near my limit, I used the Santander App to check my balance - only my 123 bank a/c showed.

My CC account is missing!

Anyone else seen the same, or having issues?

Comments

• SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Buzby wrote: »
    Tried to use my 123 MasterCard today and it was Declined. Tried again, same result! Since I was nowhere near my limit, I used the Santander App to check my balance - only my 123 bank a/c showed.

My CC account is missing!

Anyone else seen the same, or having issues?

I haven't used either of my cards to make a purchase today.

However, I did successfully change the PIN for one of them today. And they're both showing up on the Santander app.

I think you're best option is to give Santander a call.
  • Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    Following an unusual call with Santander, it transpired earlier in the day an online purchase at John Lewis (which was apparently successful) resulted in Barclaycard - who presumably is JL's CC card processor - contacting Santander and asking their Fraud Dept to block the card, which they did without any reference to me (the cardholder).

Having completed security, Santander removed the block and apologised for any inconvenience. They also confirmed that the situation I experienced (of a disappearing A/c from their online banking service is 'normal'). As soon as the block was lifted, as if by magic, the account was showing once more.

Asking for who at Barclaycard (who were a third party) was responsible for initiating this mess, Santander could not say. Which is very reassuring (not).
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Buzby wrote: »
    Asking for who at Barclaycard (who were a third party) was responsible for initiating this mess, Santander could not say. Which is very reassuring (not).

Compensation? :rotfl:
  • Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    SnowTiger wrote: »
    Compensation? :rotfl:

Absolutely - the stress an embarrassment caused whilst at the checkout in Morrison's will stay with me for years.

Still, I'll look forward to my next conversation when I call at JL to collect my 'purchases'.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure