We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Barclays Freedom Reward

Hi All,

I've recently got a Barclays freedom rewards card.

Yesterday I used it for the first time for a few purchases. The card has 9 months 0% balance transfers, but not purchases 0%. I'm wondering if I pay the £178 off within a few weeks which was the purchase amount, will I be charged interest on the whole amount including the balance transfer or just the purchases.

Thanks

Comments

  • Rosco32
    Rosco32 Posts: 242
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'd check the terms and see what it says. I'm sure most credit card issuers now process payments to cover debt that carries the highest interest, so if that's the case paying the £178 should clear the purchase, but I would check with BC just to be sure.
  • Rosco32
    Rosco32 Posts: 242
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    And if it clears the purchase there may be no interest at all as your BT is at 0% so you will have effectively paid the purchase in full and should avoid any interest but I would check.
  • Cheers. I figured i should only need to clear the purchase because what would be the point in having balance transfers at 0% and having rewards for purchases it kind of defeats the point of balance transfers been 0%.

    Thanks again
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.