IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Met parking - need help with popla

Options
2»

Comments

• kash79uk
    kash79uk Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry, do i need to omit this? Since i have stated the fact that i drove in to Mcdonalds?

3. Notice to Keeper not properly given under POFA 2012 – no keeper liability.
  • kash79uk
    Options
    I also read somewhere that how can they justify a £100 fee which should be in line with their loss and then give 50% discount if paid within 14 days.
    here goes:

19.5 If the parking charge that the driver is being asked to pay
    is for a breach of contract or act of trespass, this charge
    must be based on the genuine pre-estimate of loss that
    you suffer.

19.6 If your parking charge is based upon a contractually
    agreed sum, that charge cannot be punitive or
    unreasonable.

I require MET to provide a detailed breakdown of how the amount of the 'charge' was arrived at. I am aware from court rulings and previous POPLA adjudications that the cost of running the business may not be included in these pre-estimate losses.

Should i add these two lines?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    kash79uk wrote: »
    Sorry, do i need to omit this? Since i have stated the fact that i drove in to Mcdonalds?

3. Notice to Keeper not properly given under POFA 2012 – no keeper liability.

If you have already given away who the driver was in your first appeal, if you didn't say 'I visited twice' (it's a shame if you did! You had no need to as you were responding to a notice to keeper!) then remove the above. But if you have NOT said who was driving at all, then amend your wording for this POPLA appeal now so you don't say 'I drove' and then you could leave the above in ... Only you and MET know what you put in your first appeal.

Always include an 'unclear signage' paragraph even if you can't go back and check. It forces them to have to show maps & signs where they could get it wrong (a PPC have sent a map of the wrong car park before!).

I would not bother with the two lines from the BPA CoP as they add nothing you haven't already got in the 'no GPEOL' paragraph.

And finally you must make amendments of course to the bit you have quoted from me about you visiting twice - because you have quoted my words without making them into sentences! You can't include my words of advice to you, like 'state this' and 'Reiterate the fact'...!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • kash79uk
    kash79uk Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Coupon-mad

Thank you for your help. I have received response from POPLA, MET have cancelled the parking charge notice.

Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport