🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The 'extra payment every week' thread 2014

Options

Comments

• purplegrape
    Options
    Lol purple, I love your edit typo!! Xx

Hopefully just a typo and not a deep insight into my psyche!

£8.55 this week. Overpaid after saving money on my train fares each day.

Everyone's doing awesome!
  • lancashirelassie
    Options
    :heartsmil:heartsmil:heartsmil;)Hi Peeps,
    just popped in for some inspiration from you all and to see how well things are going.
    Saw the skimmings being done but I knew I really didnt have have any much spare as I get paid this Thursday.
    Felt so bad about not putting anything down I went to my account to see if anything was due out and it isnt!!! result!!!
    So paid 10.00 off V cc. lol.
    Feels like I can now validify my input today. I know it really doesnt matter what we do as long as we do do.I am obviously in a keen mode on a roll to move things again, so that really isnt a bad thing. Got a week off so checking out what can go to ebay to assist this roll.
    Ha ha been messing with the little icons.... I dont know what I am doing with them but they look cute.
    Keep em rolling peeps
    This week extra payment
    Total paid
    Total paid 2013 - 1963.83:) Total paid 2014 - 7443.00:j
    Total paid in 2015 - £310
    May'15 o/d 0% 1600. B/C 3060 0% :o Car loan 3632 till June 2016
  • Hope78
    Hope78 Posts: 755 Forumite
    Options
    Payday this week and with nothing else due to come out I paid £50 extra
    to my Next account. Total over payments this week £61.26. Hopefully get an account skim in on Wednesday just before payday!

Can't believe that in just a few weeks I've already made nearly £150 in overpayments - yay!!!

Going to try cut my 'switching' payments find I'm wasting money - has anyone ever tried withdrawing a lump sum that they plan to make their 'spending money' for the month? Although my car Mot is due (taking a deep breath and hoping it's not too bad) and so is my road tax looks like March could be tight...
    LBM 03/07 £44k:eek: DFD 31/12/17 :A 12/17 £2545.50
    Credit Card £2500.00 & Next £45.00
    Savings = £81.21 & Help To Buy ISA = £4700.00
  • joanne_w
    Options
    How does this pay every week work? I need to pay off my 2 credit cards (I will concentrate on paying them off one at a time). The minimum payment on the one that I want to start paying first is £62 a month so would I need to pay at least £63 a week?? Thanks
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Hi Joanne!

You need to pay the minimum on your credit card as normal (this is very important so that you don't get charges etc!). The idea of the extra payment a week is that you put something over and above the minimum payment to the card IN ADDITION so that it gets paid off quicker. There are several ways you can do this, for example;

1) Sell something on eb@y or f@cebook and put the profits towards the credit card.
    2) Tidy up your bank balance. For example, if your balance is £123.45, you might send the £3.45 to the credit card.
    3) You might have money left over from your shopping budget for example, that could be sent as your extra payment.
    4) You could count up the coins in your penny jar or purse and send that to your credit card.
    5) Anything else that suits you and your situation!

Any extra payment is a good payment, no matter how big or small. If you pay interest on a card then £1 paid off means more than £1 removed from the balance in terms of accumulative interest. Whether you are paying interest or not, extra payments will help you pay thing off quicker Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Hope78
    Hope78 Posts: 755 Forumite
    Options
    Yay! Managed an account skim of 6.99 tonight ahead of payday tomorrow. I've decided that my overpayments are all going to go to my Next account, most of them have so far and as I'd like to close that account ASAP I'm committing my money to that. When I started the challenge the challenge at the end of Jan it was about £550 and now it's under £400:j just amazed how little extras can go a long way.

Would love to clear the Next and a small CC of £300 through this challenge will need you fabby folks here to help keep me focussed.

Hope x
    LBM 03/07 £44k:eek: DFD 31/12/17 :A 12/17 £2545.50
    Credit Card £2500.00 & Next £45.00
    Savings = £81.21 & Help To Buy ISA = £4700.00
  • DreamerHelen
    Options
    Another £10.42 this Week to the dreaded Credit Card....It's gonna be soooooooo gone soon!! :D
  • lancashirelassie
    Options
    Hello Peeps,
    sunny here in Lancashire and doesn't it lift everyone's mood?
    Well got paid yesterday and nowt left already - no surprises there then... I have paid an extra 90.00 off the V cc. working well at this, am aiming to be rid of by end of summer. If I don't actually complete I will move to another 0%er. We have got OH wages to live off!! am hoping eboy is having a free listing weekend need to perform a clear out here. Got a small pot of savings but obviously more debt. Just wondering what to do with it.. need to practice saving but also need to pay off, I am not paying interest of any of my debts except mortgage and have just fixed for 2 years so will be 70 pcm better off for now. OH is paying charges fixed at 6.9% am toying whether to move to 0% mmmm
    grrr I cant get my smilies on now - well if that is the least of my worries for now things aint too bad eh?
    have a good weekend all
    lanky
    This week extra payment
    Total paid
    Total paid 2013 - 1963.83:) Total paid 2014 - 7443.00:j
    Total paid in 2015 - £310
    May'15 o/d 0% 1600. B/C 3060 0% :o Car loan 3632 till June 2016
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Some fab totals for the year already! Well done everyone!

I got a £20 bonus from work today so I have used that as my extra payment this week.
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • purplegrape
    purplegrape Posts: 207 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all

Forgot to state last weeks amount of £4.23. I got paid and am really confused about how much I have left at the end of last month. Starting think that two bank accounts and a spending app is just too complex for my brain at the moment!

I shall work it out, hopefully I have more left than it appears...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport