Santander 123 Amazon purchases

Options
JAK_2
JAK_2 Posts: 17 Forumite
edited 1 January 2014 at 1:15PM in Credit cards
If you have purchased anything from Amazon.co.uk with a 123 Credit Card which should qualify for Santander's 1% cashback, check your statement to make sure you have received it. It was not included in my latest statement received yesterday. I've phoned Santander and am awaiting their investigation.
Given Santander's lack of transparency in showing how cashback was calculated (they don't include a breakdown showing how they assess it) if you only have low cost items from Amazon you may not realize their failure to include it.
John

Comments

• Hominu
    Hominu Posts: 1,671 Forumite
    Options
    How does Amazon qualify for 1% cashback? Isn't that for supermarkets only?

I typed Amazon into the 123 Credit card cash back checker and it said Amazon get 0% cashback.
  • Sabbathdei
    Sabbathdei Posts: 294 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I have just started my 123 card and was intending to buy some stuff from Amazon anyway so I used it to get the cashback, I'll be getting my first statement later in the month so I'll see then if I get it and how much. I've also used it in the listed stores M&S etc but if as the OP states Santa don't include a breakdown how will I or anyone know "what's what" so to speak ?
    "Can't you have your ***** cut off ?" "It's not as simple as that, Nigel"
    :j
  • Vortigern
    Vortigern Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sabbathdei wrote: »
    I'll be getting my first statement later in the month so I'll see then if I get it and how much.

You won't see any cashback on your first statement. Cashback for purchases shown on your January statement will appear as a credit on your February statement.
  • Sabbathdei
    Sabbathdei Posts: 294 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for the clarification !
    "Can't you have your ***** cut off ?" "It's not as simple as that, Nigel"
    :j
  • JAK_2
    Options
    Vortigern wrote: »
    You won't see any cashback on your first statement. Cashback for purchases shown on your January statement will appear as a credit on your February statement.

You'll see the cashback earned that month at the bottom of the statement (even the first one) but it won't be taken off until the following months statement.

It can be tricky knowing from stores you'll get cashback. Certainly from M&S you get 1% (I'd have though it should earn 2% as it really seems to be a department store rather than a supermarket.) They could surely show the cashback rate and amount for each transaction rather than just a composite amount at the end of the statement - I did suggest that to them soon after getting the card but how often do these large corporate organisations listen to their customers?!

However the card is good for petrol and train tickets getting a good 3% back.

I've had the card for a year and this lack of the promised 1% Amazon cashback is the first concern I've had and cannot believe it's just me not getting it; someone has no doubt failed to program the computer, probably to ensure he gets a bigger bonus for that failure as it seems in banking the bigger the failure, the bigger the bonus!
  • TheBanker
    TheBanker Posts: 1,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I queried this and was told the Amazon cashback was being paid separately, not as part of the standard cashback. Surprised they didn't tell you this when you called.
  • JAK_2
    edited 1 January 2014 at 7:08PM
    Options
    TheBanker wrote: »
    I queried this and was told the Amazon cashback was being paid separately, not as part of the standard cashback. Surprised they didn't tell you this when you called.

If that's the case you'd think it would be made clear on the website to save any concern and confusion. Talk about not being customer focussed; not even their own staff are aware!

I've just purchased an item from ebay today rather than Amazon. Wonder why?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure