Integrated Washing Machine

Options
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the correct part of the forum but I was hoping for a bit of guidance/advice. I bought a house around 18 months ago and need to replace an integrated washing machine.

These seem more expensive and harder to install, etc. I have seen Empire Direct sell reasonably priced machines and do installs (although no mention of integrated ones). Are Empire Direct any good?

I just wondered if anybody could please recommend somebody to buy one of these from and what I should be looking at paying for installation. Ideally they would take my old one away too.

Thanks and Happy New Year everyone!

Comments

• twig1_2
    twig1_2 Posts: 1,098 Forumite
    edited 31 December 2013 at 6:40PM
    Options
    Currys install and take old one away for £85. The cheapest is this one though http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/built-in-appliances/integrated-laundry/integrated-washing-machines/indesit-iwme146-integrated-washing-machine-21429256-pdt.html
    I had them install an intergrated fridge a few months back. I thought they were good and well worth the money. Having bought a washing machine for my brother recently the cycle time is short on this. As the EEC has said we can only fill with cold water now some washing cycles are an earth shattering 210 minutes
  • cattie
    cattie Posts: 8,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've recently bought an integrated washing machine, it's a Neff, so was not cheap. However, it's a brand I trust & it has the spin speed I wanted.

Installation of an integrated appliance is more difficult because of the door fixings & also the narrow gap that exists on the sides of the fitted unit. Also, Some integrated washing machines need to be installed on a raised plinth I'm let to understand.

Empire Direct now belong to Richer Sounds who are a very well respected company.

Most connection services offered by companies that sell appliances relate to free standing appliances only & they expect the old machine to be disconnected & removed from the space prior to delivery of the new machine.

John Lewis will install an integrated washing machine, but charge £85 for this & £9 to take away old appliance.

You might be better of trying local shops such as Euronics, never used them myself but have seen many good reports on these boards from people who have bought via them. With smaller retailers you might have to pay just a few pounds more than you can find on the internet, but they often offer a more personalised service regarding installation etc.
    The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.
  • premkit
    premkit Posts: 244 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Like above, go for a neff Siemens, yes they are expensive buy last.
    The cheaper option with integral washers is always a poor choice.

Also the door holes for the hinges might not align up with the new machine.
  • matty17r
    matty17r Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We have had an integrated electrolux washer/dryer for nearly 10 years now. However, never use drier as it makes washing smell odd but the washing machine has been brilliant. On nearly every day and in years gone by twice daily. Hubby installed it and it sits on plinth. I personally would not spend a lot on something which can't been seen and don't want lots of fancy programmes.
  • redmalc
    redmalc Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We have had a siemens integrated washer fitted and we are very happy with the quality and even more the soundproofing.
    The washer as a 30 minute cycle which is very good and cost effective,was not cheap but i go with the theory you get what you pay for,i have had all Siemens appliances fitted and at the moment cannot fault any of them,we pushed the boat out and got the coffee machine,it is great.
  • Dangermouse99
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the helpful comments :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure