Help to buy for joint application

All,
I know how help to buy scheme works but not sure how it applies for joint apication. We will be considering joint mortgage application for our future house. My husband is not a first time buyer where as I am.
Are we or I eligible for help to buy scheme?

Thanks,
Vidhya

Replies

• kingstreetkingstreet Forumite
    37K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither help to buy option is limited to first time buyers, so it makes no difference if one is and one isn't.

You can't be party to another home ownership beyond completion of the new mortgage though.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • crvscrvs Forumite
    179 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    We might have more than 5% deposit? Would that be an issue?

Thanks
  • kingstreetkingstreet Forumite
    37K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Although if you have more than 10%, I would seriously ask yourself why you would use HTB - Mortgage Guarantee, as you'll get a lower rate on a 90% mortgage away from the HTB scheme.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides