Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Doggy Styling!

in Pets & pet care
15 replies 1.1K views
Anyone watching it on channel 4?

Baths and grooming are never that sedate in my house!

Replies

• thorsoakthorsoak Forumite
    7.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Absolutely horrendous!
  • I just cant get over how tolerant the dogs are!
  • Crazy.........
    Yep...still at it, working out how to retire early.:D....... Going to have to rethink that scenario as have been screwed over by the company. A work in progress.
  • These people are nuts! My poodle would never put up with that and he's pretty placid at the best if times!
    MBNA [STRIKE]£2,029[/STRIKE] £1,145 Virgin [STRIKE]£8,712[/STRIKE] £7,957 Sainsbury [STRIKE]£6,870[/STRIKE] £5,575 M&S [STRIKE]£10,016[/STRIKE] £9,690 Barclaycard [STRIKE]£11,951[/STRIKE] £11,628 CTC [STRIKE]£7,629[/STRIKE] £6,789 Mortgage £[STRIKE]182,828[/STRIKE] £171,670
    LBM Dec12 excl mort 47,207/42,784 Dec13
    Excl mortg and CTC 39,578/35,995 Dec13
    Incl mortg 230,035/214,454 Dec13

Extra payment a week:this week £0 / YTD£1,457.55
  • themull1themull1 Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    I liked the poodle that looked like a lion.
  • Callie22Callie22 Forumite
    3.4K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    Those dogs just look ashamed ...
  • NotsosharpNotsosharp Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'm fairly sure it doesn't do the dogs any harm (apart from the humiliation but I don't think dogs feel that) but surely the talent in grooming is making a dog still look like a dog? Wouldn't the talent lie in making a really scruffy un groomed !!!! magnet (like my dog ) look fantastically groomed and polished?

The best poodle groom I ever saw was one where it hadn't been groomed, poodles are such intelligent gentle dogs anyway why make them look like a tiger or a buffalo? I'm not seeing the point of it!
  • elsienelsien Forumite
    29.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Aside from anything else, it seems an awful long way to hook a dog from this country for little reason. It's not like if the British woman won she'd get lots of business from it over here.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Notsosharp wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure it doesn't do the dogs any harm (apart from the humiliation but I don't think dogs feel that) but surely the talent in grooming is making a dog still look like a dog? Wouldn't the talent lie in making a really scruffy un groomed !!!! magnet (like my dog ) look fantastically groomed and polished?

The best poodle groom I ever saw was one where it hadn't been groomed, poodles are such intelligent gentle dogs anyway why make them look like a tiger or a buffalo? I'm not seeing the point of it!

oh I am sure dogs do feel humiliated. just try dressing one up! unless its a staffy and the kids do it - then try taking it off them! lol.
    I don't see the point of these 'fancy grooms'. as long as the dog or cat is groomed and mat free - why make the poor sods look stupid?
  • those people should never be allowed anywhere near a dog, or anything with a heartbeat ever again,
    2014 Target;
    To overpay CC by £1,000.
    Overpayment to date : £310

2nd Purse Challenge:
    £15.88 saved to date
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Is your local HSBC closing?

114 branches to shut in 2023

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on