Halifax are really trying..

2»

Comments

• Milarky
    Milarky Posts: 6,355 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    opinions4u wrote: »
    It appears under the interest rate on the individual account screen.

Still there for me.

It doesn't appear on my account that has a decent balance. It does appear where my balance is nominal.
    Agreed. My Halifax account has the link showing where the balance has been reduced, but wasn't showing the link previously with a balance.
    .....under construction.... COVID is a [discontinued] scam
  • I know this is an old thread, but has anyone been able to close their accounts online recently? I've got three savings accounts, all with a nil balance and it won't let me close them. All I get is:
    There's a problem...
    1280371 : Sorry, we’re unable to close your account online. Please visit your nearest branch at a time convenient to you so that we can close it for you.
    Northern Ireland club member No 382 :j
  • I got that message too so I went to the bank only to be told I need ID to close an account, (they should say that in the online message I think) so I've yet to go back there as always working so haven't had the chance. I wish I could just close it online why is there that option for you then not be able to close it silly.
  • PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    I got that message too so I went to the bank only to be told I need ID to close an account, (they should say that in the online message I think) so I've yet to go back there as always working so haven't had the chance. I wish I could just close it online why is there that option for you then not be able to close it silly.
    Works fine for me.

Maybe there's a specific issue with your account.
  • ~Beanie~
    ~Beanie~ Posts: 3,043 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I've just tried to close my old Halifax savings account and I am also getting:

There's a problem...

1280371 : Sorry, we’re unable to close your account online. Please visit your nearest branch at a time convenient to you so that we can close it for you

Its daft, I've got about 3 accounts sitting with a nil balance (I open a new account each year once the introductory interest rate ends) and I can't close any of them without visiting a branch.
    :p
  • nwc389
    nwc389 Posts: 497 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I know it sounds daft but have you tried putting a small credit to the account and then trying to close it - it might just be that it won't close the zero balance account
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure