Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Dogs had fun at Christmas

PolmopPolmop Forumite
645 Posts
Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
Forumite
Was in the kitchen yesterday emptying the dish washer and OH was making a sandwich.
He went back into the living room and i heard him shout look what he has done.
I ran in the room without my glasses and thought it was a big pile of poo on the rug, it turns out it was a full box of thorntons toffee they had managed to open and had it all on the rug.
Threw it all in the bin - what a waste
Hope your dogs all had a good time as well

Replies

• zaksmumzaksmum Forumite
    5.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Polmop wrote: »
    Was in the kitchen yesterday emptying the dish washer and OH was making a sandwich.
    He went back into the living room and i heard him shout look what he has done.
    I ran in the room without my glasses and thought it was a big pile of poo on the rug, it turns out it was a full box of thorntons toffee they had managed to open and had it all on the rug.
    Threw it all in the bin - what a waste
    Hope your dogs all had a good time as well

Hope they got to scoff a bit before you binned it!:)
  • PolmopPolmop Forumite
    645 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    Forumite
    zaksmum wrote: »
    Hope they got to scoff a bit before you binned it!:)

Should have let them eat it, its so funny watching dogs eat toffee
  • A couple of Christmases ago my mum's dog was discovered behind the sofa, licking his chops amongst an empty box of Roses and a big pile of wrappers :eek:

He is obsessed with chocolate, we have learned to keep it out of reach now but I still can't fathom how he managed to unwrap each and every individual chocolate before scoffing them?
  • oh dear daisygirl, did you ring the vets? chocolate is really, really bad for dogs - and a whole TIN of Roses is a lot of chocolate!
  • zaksmumzaksmum Forumite
    5.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Polmop wrote: »
    Should have let them eat it, its so funny watching dogs eat toffee

My dog Lucy LOVES Thornton's toffee! She gets them perfectly positioned in her back teeth and closes her eyes in bliss while having a good old chomp.:)

It's so funny when they get stuck in her teeth and she starts rubbing at her mouth with her massive paws...still with her eyes closed.

Much licking of lips follows and you can tell she's really enjoyed the toffee:)

How could I deprive my darling old girl when she loves it so much?:)
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    11K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    I discovered today my cat likes marmite :eek: caught her licking an empty plate from breakfast.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• scaredy_catscaredy_cat Forumite
    7.8K Posts
    Forumite
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    I discovered today my cat likes marmite :eek: caught her licking an empty plate from breakfast.

my old cat used to love marmite and also chicken bovril. i'd let her have some off my finger.
    Cats don't have owners - they have staff!! :D:p
    DFW Long Hauler Supporter No 150

• kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    11K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    my old cat used to love marmite and also chicken bovril. i'd let her have some off my finger.

I'd have thought the flavour would have been too salty for her, but thinking back I recall some paste or other I bought for our prev cat looked and smelt suspiciously like marmite too (although I didn't try it on my toast :rotfl:). Current mog has also been found eating chilli sauce covered naan bread and skips on previous occasions too.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• meritaten wrote: »
    oh dear daisygirl, did you ring the vets? chocolate is really, really bad for dogs - and a whole TIN of Roses is a lot of chocolate!

No he barfed it all up about 10 minutes later, we know it's bad for him but he is literally obsessed! He can smell it out from miles away!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Is your local HSBC closing?

114 branches to shut in 2023

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum

Baileys £10 for 1L at Tesco

When you scan your Clubcard

MSE Deals