Hike in Energy Bills

Hi,

I live in a small 1 bedroom council flat with a combi boiler and central heating.

My electric bill with Scottish Hydro, up until approximately 1 month ago, was £2.50 - £3.00/week max, with a pay as you go meter. I then got someone to check the meter reading who stated I may need to get my tariff changed. I've now went from this initial billing to £5.00/week, even though my usage is still the same.

Also, I was fortunate enough to have the council install combi boilers and central heating in the area this time last year. Up until a month ago, I was able to get an hour in the morning, from 7.00 - 8.00; an hour in the afternoon, from 13.00 - 14.00; and then from 16:30 until 23:00, for approximately £10/week on pay as you go with Scottish Hydro.

Since roughly 1-2 months ago, I'm now only able to keep it on from half four until eleven each day for the same price, and even then, it doesn't last until Sunday.

I was aware that the prices were going up, but a 100% increase in lecky? Is this accurate?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure