Asda price match

Options
2»

Comments

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    The maths looks dreqdfully complicated - I could understand 12 x 66p but after that I was lost. The coke ones sounds brilliant but I think working it out would have given me a headache :rotfl:

Our local newspaper comes on a Thursday with a Morrisons leaflet and I also collect them from my Dads free papers so it looks like a Thursday evening job going through them all and checking the current prices at Asda for the ones I want on the mysupermarket.com and then a fFiday morning job of going to Asda to see if I can get lucky.

Deep sigh, just checked the two leaflets I have for Morrisons and both are out of date

Mary
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    Options
    Just found a Boots advert from the metro for Tuesday the 26th so it might be worth checking your newspapers from around the same day because Boots must have advertised in more than one place. There is no date on it as for how long the offers are valid for. I dont know wether this matters.

Has anyone done a price match with Asda against a Boots advert?

It has four items pictured on special offer and Asda seem to be more expensive on three of them (checked on mysupermarket webiste, the 4th one they dont seem to stock)

They are

Nivea Visage facial wipes, Asda £3.12 but Boots is £3.19 BOGOF, so about £1.60 each.

Imperial Leather refreshing shower gel -the green one 250ml Asda £1 but Boots is half price at 74p

Colgate whitening toothpaste 100ml Asda is £1.70 but Boots is half price at £1.14

I already have so many toiletries thanks to the Tesco coupons I cant really justify any more but if you have an Asda locally (but no Tesco for miles and miles so you rarely go) it could be really worth trying this price match thing.

Mary
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • hflower74
    hflower74 Posts: 1,290 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Never knew about this!
    Do you have to take the flyer etc to the Customer Services Desk? If so, Do you take it there after you have been through the till or before? Thanks
  • mhoc
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    Just found a Boots advert from the metro for Tuesday the 26th so it might be worth checking your newspapers from around the same day because Boots must have advertised in more than one place. There is no date on it as for how long the offers are valid for. I dont know wether this matters.

Has anyone done a price match with Asda against a Boots advert?

It has four items pictured on special offer and Asda seem to be more expensive on three of them (checked on mysupermarket webiste, the 4th one they dont seem to stock)

They are

Nivea Visage facial wipes, Asda £3.12 but Boots is £3.19 BOGOF, so about £1.60 each.

Imperial Leather refreshing shower gel -the green one 250ml Asda £1 but Boots is half price at 74p

Colgate whitening toothpaste 100ml Asda is £1.70 but Boots is half price at £1.14

I already have so many toiletries thanks to the Tesco coupons I cant really justify any more but if you have an Asda locally (but no Tesco for miles and miles so you rarely go) it could be really worth trying this price match thing.

Mary

Also price checked the adverts in todays Express.

There is an advert for Lidl and they have a half price sale on some veg, spring onions, cauliflower, broccoli all cheaper than Asdas price. The pork chops are cheaper as well (per gramme) but the pack size is half of Asda so probally that does not count.

There is also a Morrisons advert and the packs of mixed grapes 500g for £1.25 undercuts Asdas £1.78. I think I might cut my teeth on that one - a good saving

Yes I would like to know about the mechanics, wether you get your shopping first or go to CS first?

Mary
  • siamese0109
    siamese0109 Posts: 355 Forumite
    Options
    The best deals are when you take in a leaflet to price match any item and that item is also on offer instore then you can sometimes get the item for virtually nothing.

For example a few weeks ago Morrisons had Pepsi 2 litre bottles BOGOF at £1.32 each AND Asda had them at 3 for £3. So when I picked up 12 bottles I got both the BOGOF discount and then the Asda computer took off their own discount which got me the bottles at 34p each (66px12 - 96px4)/12=34p

I think you were lucky! I've had a couple of occasions recently when the operators couldn't overide the till to give me both offers together. When the supervisor came she told me that if Asda already has an offer on an item then they don't do pricematch.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport