Asda price match

Options
Can anyone explain about Asda's price match, I vaguely remeber reading about it some time ago, however I was a Tesco shopper and took little notice of it. Will they price match other competitors bogofs for instance or is it only goods that are not on special offers ?

Comments

• littlemissnaughty
    Options
    if you have a leaflet asda will price match ,not sure about b.o.g.o.f
    :A :A :confused::confused: :A :A
    if ive helped you please show it :T click my THANKS button
  • nutty1
    nutty1 Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    yes they will do bogof, just take the leaflet or newspaper cutting with the offer on. i do it all the time
  • tashamarie70
    tashamarie70 Posts: 498 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    do they price match electricals
  • randan
    randan Posts: 393 Forumite
    Options
    My local Asda store calls this Ad-Match.

Asda will match the price of any item that is on offer at one of their competitors as long as you take a leaflet from the competitor showing the offer. The item must be the same in both stores i.e. if Asda sells a 16 pack of crisps then this will not be matched against a 14 pack on offer at Tesco etc. This includes all offers like BOGOF, 3for2, half price, etc. It must be an original leaflet and cannot be a copy of printed off the internet.

I use this regularly at my local Asda to match offers from Somerfield and Morrisons as well as the Spar, Coop and Costcutters. It saves me trailing round all the shops to get the best deals and Asda benefit by getting my custom. the only ones who lose out are the other stores but I would not be trailing roud them all anyway as they are all further away than Asda.
    Your really can not beat a good bargain !!!
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you for the reminder about this, forgotten all about it. I will now study the supermarket offers leaflets that some in the local newspaper in detail each week. It is a pity that the supermarkets dont have the same leaflets all over the country because it would make a great thread, the Asda ad-match thread.

How do you actually go about this - do you get your items and go to customer service with them and your leaflet or do you just go to the ten items or less till which is next to CS, again with your leaflet and items?

Also then how is the item then rung through the till - can you still give the till girl coupons? Our Asdas take 10% of your shopping in coupons so I was hoping to find an item to be ad-matched and include a few other bits with my shopping so i could also use a few coupons

Mary
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • computersaysdoh
    Options
    The other stores may have to be within a certain distance, e.g. 2 miles
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    That is good for us, our Asda is very close to a Tesco and a Morrisons. What about Wilkinsons, would that count as well for price matching purposes - also what about Boots and Superdrug?

We also have a Sainsburys but that might be beyond the 2 mile radius - think I might have a play with the AA route finder and put the two post codes in of Asda and sainsburys but I think it must be 3 miles

Mary
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • computersaysdoh
    Options
    I would try matching Wilko's etc, if you have a printed flyer with evidence of their prices
  • randan
    randan Posts: 393 Forumite
    Options
    As far as I am aware there is no distance limit on the Ad-Match policy and they will match the price of ANY other retailer as long as the offer is on a flyer or from a newspaper.
    Your really can not beat a good bargain !!!
  • northerngeezer
    northerngeezer Posts: 1,048 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    The best deals are when you take in a leaflet to price match any item and that item is also on offer instore then you can sometimes get the item for virtually nothing.

For example a few weeks ago Morrisons had Pepsi 2 litre bottles BOGOF at £1.32 each AND Asda had them at 3 for £3. So when I picked up 12 bottles I got both the BOGOF discount and then the Asda computer took off their own discount which got me the bottles at 34p each (66px12 - 96px4)/12=34p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure