Putting pics in listing

Options
I've seen people put pictures in the listing, guess they do this to avoid paying extra pic fees, how do they do this and is it allowed?

Also I've noticed that when selling an item eBay has changed the bit where you enter the description making it more basic, why? Can I change it back?
2p off is still 2p off!

Comments

• Tojo_Ralph
    Tojo_Ralph Posts: 8,373 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've seen people put pictures in the listing, guess they do this to avoid paying extra pic fees.

Well, why pay to have a daft wee picture included with your auction that shows very little detail, when you can include your own pics for free, and the pics can be as large and as detailed as you wish them to be. ;) As for how, find somewhere to hosts pics for free, and when listing, simply enter the url when given the option.

(P.S. I'll let someone else explain the "how" a bit better :p)
    The MSE Dictionary
    Loophole - A word used to entice people to read clearly written Terms and Conditions.
    Rip Off - Clearly written Terms and Conditions.
    Terms and Conditions - Otherwise known as a loophole or a rip off.
  • Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It also helps if you have front page or some other html programme and you can design your own listing with borders and tables etc.

Google photo hosting there are plenty out there that do it free. Some are howver quite slow and photos can take a while to load.

Best to get a template made up so its just a matter of changing text and photo urls if you list a lot.
    One other thing make sure you take advantage of the free photo that EBay allows just in case your hosting site goes down...which can happen, then at least yopu have one photo on display.
  • Lazy_Ike
    Lazy_Ike Posts: 185 Forumite
    Options
    I've seen people put pictures in the listing, guess they do this to avoid paying extra pic fees, how do they do this and is it allowed?

Here is the link to the previous discussion on this subject. Hope this helps

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=35937

:wave:
    [FONT=&quot]si talia jungere possis sit tibi scire satis [/FONT]
  • fatboyonadiet
    fatboyonadiet Posts: 5,397 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks all gives me something to go off
    2p off is still 2p off!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories