Comments

• rizla_king
    rizla_king Posts: 2,895 Forumite
    Options
    Still rolling rolling rolling...... :) <
    SIGNATURE - Not part of post
  • VictimOfImpersonation
    Options
    Thanks rizla king - interesting read if you don't weaken!

I think CRAs who might still be thinking "yes we are untouchable!" from a cursory reading of it, may yet live to think again.

I think paragraph 80 might be key to the direction the appeal judgement took.

Certainly from my own recent experience in these forums, a CRA likes to deal with a complaint as if it is unique and becomes very frustrated at the suggestion that any complaint is evidence of a systemic failure.

Paragraph 80 might be MSE's invitation to enter the fray, but are they up for it?
  • Joe_Bloggs
    Joe_Bloggs Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    Options
    @rizla King
    What was the members user name ? I know they were active in helping those in dispute. I'm sure they broke away to another website.
    J_B.
  • rizla_king
    Options
    Not even sure that is the one you meant? Don't recall them posting here, but may be wrong.
  • rizla_king
    Options
  • Joe_Bloggs
    Joe_Bloggs Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    Options
    @rizla king
    I had to rename the file with the extension .pdf rather than .ashx which is a dot file extension designed to confuse all computing systems.

I am not wrong in my recollection but I am wrong with the specific user name . I could ask MSE but I'm sure they will deny any knowledge of anything in the past.
    J_B.
  • VictimOfImpersonation
    Options
    So the thread topic hasn't exactly been sanctioned as a Trial Campaign on MSE, but it is still running to the displeasure of a great number of posters who in many cases appear to have a strong insider opinion.

But, conversely, look at the crop of new threads again today which highlight the inconsistencies between CRAs and awful correction response times. Surely CRAs are expected to perform a service better than this ?

Actually I would advocate stronger sentiments than this. I have just received a call from a liar in India whom I strung along a bit to fish for the data he had on me. It was a PPI claims call. He had dates of a 2008 settled £5,000 credit agreement in my name address and postcode and a named bank and was making a strong play suggesting I had paid it back in full alongwith the PPI associated with it which they would be now be claiming back.

That agreement was in fact a credit card with a £5,000 limit that I stopped using and which ultimately was not renewed, and it is marked as settled.

What on earth is an Indian Call Centre (a pretty naf one cf. some I find to be really good) doing in possession of personal data like that? He tried to con me that he was in Central London - wouldn't do would it for data as extensive as that to be accessible by someone with whom I have no business sitting in India?

Can they buy it from a CRA perhaps? I hope not but I fear so.
  • iAMaLONDONER
    iAMaLONDONER Posts: 1,669 Forumite
    Options
    Joe_Bloggs wrote: »
    Allegedly there was a poster who took on a credit reference agency in court and won. Forensic financial investigation was part of what they did as a day job. Unfortunately I cant remember their user name and even if I did their posts have been expunged from post Martin MSE history.
    J_B.
    Some MSE old lags may still remenber.

Why would MSE delete a user's post? There isn't a conspiracy or is there?
  • Remember my fraudulently opened account?

I finally learned today that all three CRAs knew something about the online application at the time it was made.

It was made online on the Barclaycard website in October with wholly false personal data other than my first name last name (no middle name) and address. No other data was correct.

My main Alert service(sic) was with Equifax. Until this week there was no entry whatsoever either on my credit report or in Search records to show that Barclaycard did a search at the time the fraudsters applied online in my name.

Then amazingly today, we found that Equifax had manually added a Barclaycard Search entry with the fraud app date. Out of the blue. Most strange.

I am still waiting for a full explanation of what went wrong at Barclaycard - they conveniently gave themselves some deadline to adhere to.

Meantime, check your Searches and Credit Agreements for stray Barclaycard applications on Experian and CallCredit that may easily have been issued and maxed out in your name in recent months without fraudsters needing anything more than your rough name and exact address and a way to intercept the card and PIN when it arrives e.g. an insecure shallow postbox at a block of flats.

NB They probably won't show on Equifax unless you tell them when the fraud occurred and ask them to go have a good look round the back :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure