Building The Burrow!

Options

Comments

• Crumpets
    Crumpets Posts: 1,014 Forumite
    Options
    Happy new year p*M, I like the sounds of your bargain hunting, I've done a bit of that myself the last couple of days but I haven't managed to find anything for the present stash, only for me:D. I wish we had a sainsbugs near us, I'm always hearing of people getting great things from there.

I like the sound of your night, it's a quiet one for us too, no party poppers unfortunately though:rotfl:

Crumpets x
    Mortgage March 2011 £143,927.6
    Mortgage Feb 2019 £78,323.18
  • Pearla*Merle
    Options
    Crumpets, I think you've done the right thing - I'm now a tad annoyed that I spent on other people and not on myself when there's some stuff I really need. Ah well, I'll never learn!

So I did the MSE tight test, 73% oops :rotfl: I actually think I get significantly worse every year I do it :o

I stupidly looked at some of my work emails/accounts earlier, managed to panic myself as things aren't looking even vaguely as rosy as I was expecting for last month :( Oh well - this is the reason I'm changing things up, to get away from this pointless stress. Just need to focus on positive things and work on the things I can change. I've already decided to move in a different direction so now I just need to keep that in mind and not get sucked back into the nonsense. *points a stern finger at self*

This is the nicest NYE I've had in a while, no mad extended family with their nasty 'oh it's just a joke!' digs or almost setting our/the neighbours house on fire with their drunken sky lantern antics, Mr M all to myself, fine beers, hanging out on MSE. Bliss :D .... and Mr M has just asked if I want a whisky hot chocolate! In our nice Christmas mugs. :T
    a penny picker upper. MFW approx 78% to go | FIRE 3 years worth (30% savings rate: now aiming for 40%!) | Normality is a paved road; it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it | Whatever you're meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible | The only thing you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library
  • Pearla*Merle
    Pearla*Merle Posts: 1,611 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    We've won the Euromillions! ..... £5.40. Of which £2 is owed to Mr M's mum. :rotfl:
    a penny picker upper. MFW approx 78% to go | FIRE 3 years worth (30% savings rate: now aiming for 40%!) | Normality is a paved road; it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it | Whatever you're meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible | The only thing you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Happy new year!:beer:

Congratulations on the win, don't spend it all at once;)
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Happy new year pearla , congrats on the lottery win :D
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,467 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Congratulations on the lottery win - it couldn't have happened to a nicer, more generous person - oh wait, it's £3.40 :rotfl:
  • Pearla*Merle
    Options
    Never fear, we're going to space out the lottery spending... a penny sweet a day. That's most of 2014 sorted! :rotfl: Please don't tell me they now cost 2p! :eek:

_party_ Happy New Year everyone. Very lazy morning, Vienna concert done & dusted, now to find some clean clothes amongst the mountains of unwashed ones and head to inlaws to continue eating quality streets (I hear they have a massive tin left :j)

Money plans for today: declutter purse and add shrapnel to piggybank.
  • pennyforthepot
    Options
    happy new year to you P*M* - just found your diary whilst spending a lazy day scrolling through the diaries. Great to see you on here - you're clearly a natural :)

Subscribed and looking forward to following you on your journey

PFTP x
    Goal:to save £16,000 by 30/09/2019 claw back rental costs
    May18 -£2,954.33/£16,000
  • mouche
    mouche Posts: 902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hiya...happy new year to you! Sounds like you had a lovely holiday and hopefully will be able to carry some of that warm glow back to work with you. Your sales hunting sounds fantastic - I clearly haven't got the knack as all I managed was a half price rain all-in-one for LO!
    Mortgage (original/ current):193,000 (23/09/11)/ £102,500 (07/11/2019)
    2019 Challenges: Make £300 a month: £9.71/£300 (January)
  • Pearla*Merle
    Options
    Mouche, the sales have been rubbish this year :( I think they've got a hold on their stock control this year and there's not as much good stuff about, alas. I was in Tesko yesterday and most stuff hadn't even been reduced? :( Oh well, I'm ready to pounce when it does. ;)

Lovely to see you here, Penny :)

15p decluttered from purse, have just sorted out a DD mess up with my cc, at every turn with this card there's been some sort of problem I've needed to sort out, not very impressed(!). Am in the midst of cancelling my DD for the TV Licence, we're paid up for the year so time to take a break (hoping to move onto paying it yearly & taking advantage of keeping hold of my money for longer). Received refund for a late train, but they've only sent the refund for one ticket, so there's another thing I need to chase up.... and then spend, as we need to organise a trip to see my parents and I've got train loyalty points that need used up before they expire as well.

Had a lovely meal with inlaws yesterday and was sent home with leftover pork, cranberry and cumberland sauces. :T Feeling so tired though after such a busy festive period... would love to chain myself to the sofa today but don't think it's going to happen. Need to pop out and investigate a potential work opportunity and then head to Ald! as I hear their super six is all at 39p this week (thanks newgirly!). Absolutely must switch energy today as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure