We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Brand new bike full of rust from Victor Devine motorbikes Glasgow

Options
2»

Comments

• visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    custardy wrote: »

That's not the bike...I don't think.

Frame plate says pvt ltd which is common in India...and the there's this....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_CBF125
  • djrikki
    Options
    Hey there - as luck (hopefully) would have it, Honda UK have stepped in at the 11th hour (Id already sent my rejection letter to the dealership btw). And are now going to fully replace all the parts that are faulty. They are taking the bike away to another dealership to have the work completed - so fingers and toes crossed everything goes according to plan. If it doesnt I'll await a response from the dealership.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,588 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    mmm paint over the rust?

I would certainly want everything in writing or record any phone calls.

Keep an eye on the areas to see if rust breaks through later on.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• ThumbRemote
    ThumbRemote Posts: 4,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    djrikki wrote: »
    Hey there - as luck (hopefully) would have it, Honda UK have stepped in at the 11th hour (Id already sent my rejection letter to the dealership btw). And are now going to fully replace all the parts that are faulty. They are taking the bike away to another dealership to have the work completed - so fingers and toes crossed everything goes according to plan. If it doesnt I'll await a response from the dealership.

I would decline their offer, and continue to push for a refund from the dealer. Given that Honda have agreed there's a fault this shouldn't be too difficult.

Your statutory rights are against the dealer. If the manufacturer replaces or repairs the bike, you no longer have those statutory rights. So if Honda do a poor job of the repair, but refuse to do anything more, the dealer no longer has any responsibility to do anything because you've had the bike modified yourself.
  • vaio
    vaio Posts: 12,287 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ^^ x2

The bike frame has been very badly prepared for painting, some has rusted already, lots more will rust in the next 3/6/12 months and I doubt Honda will be so accommodating then.

Get your money back and go elsewhere
  • arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You rejecting it with the dealer and having it repaired elsewhere is very inconsistent. If you have somebody else other than the dealer repair it or arrange to repair it you could well find yourself being deemed to have accepted it.
  • arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    As an aside, surely these are the types of things you'd spot when inspecting the bike pre-purchase.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport