🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Asda Direct Delivery Problems

Options
Diamond78
Diamond78 Posts: 1,443 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 12 December 2013 at 11:09AM in Praise, vent & warnings
Hi

Just wanted to see if anyone else has been affected with their Asda Direct orders that were due to be delivered yesterday, Wednesday 11 December 2013.

I had an email confirmation with the link to track my item to be delivered to my local store. Pick up was after 5 pm. It had already left on the 10th. Just after 1 pm yesterday, the tracker showed it was on its way to the store.

By 6.30 pm I heard nothing so headed to the store. Ha to wait ages, then saw a small notice stating orders due to after 5 pm deliveries cancelled. I still smiled and thought nothing of it until I was served by the manager who didn't even look at all interested nor was she helpful. I have never experienced such awful customer service. She said Asda Direct were to blame for not informing me there was a problem with delivery. My order had not turned up due to the fog! In that case, would it not be have the least they could do by phoning me to let me know delivery had been cancelled. The manager told me she could not phone anyone as it had gone past 6.30 pm. I asked several times as I wanted a rough estimate of when it would be delivered as I'm really unwell and would not be able to get back to the store for at least a week.

I asked if my friend could pick it up and she said yes. I said I wouldn't be able to see her to give my card an ID and would it be ok, she said yes and that I can just give a letter to her. She didn't explain what kind of letter so I asked for it in writing. He wrote it on the receipt.

This morning I phoned customer services. After being on the phone for 24 minutes, Asda Direct would not tell me what is happening with my order. She trie to call the store while putting me on hold, the store didn't answer. She refused to put me through to a manager. She said she would call me back by 5 pm. So asked for a manager again. She put me on hold for ages. And ages.

A.D CS: I'm sorry but all our managers are in meetings.

Isn't that the worst excuse to hear. It doesn't take over 6 minutes to find out your manager is in a meeting.

And still no news. The tracker has been the same since yesterday afternoon as item on its way being delivered to store.

This honestly is the most worst and useless customer service.

Sorry for any spelling errors. Phone is playing up so will check back Later.

Comments

• apesxx
    apesxx Posts: 583 Forumite
    Options
    Are you ringing the 0800 number that takes you to a call centre in South Africa. If you are then you might be better ringing the store direct, ask for the department that deals with direct and see if they can find out any info for you. The call centre in SA are next to useless x
  • Diamond78
    Diamond78 Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes it was the call centre in S.A. Useless is an understatement. I had no call back. I called the store several times. Couldn't get through until after lunch time.

Apparently my order was delivered yesterday. All after 5 pm deliveries had been delivered to store before 6.30 pm. So annoyed. The CS advisor did not call me back as promised and neither did a manager. Now I jut have to hope my friend will be ok picking it up as it is for her.

I will never ever shop with Asda again.
  • Gram_Parsons
    Options
    I ordered a coffee table from Asda Direct on 20 Nov but still haven't got it. Delivery was supposed to be within two weeks direct from suppliers/manufacturer or whatever. Fair enough. I checked the item page after two weeks and it was then out of stock, then a few days later back in stock and boasting delivery in time for Christmas. It's still showing as in stock but no longer the Christmas delivery.

After three weeks was up I contacted them through the web asking where it was - no reply as yet. I then asked them publicly on Twitter for an update. They said they would look into it and get back to me. That was days ago.

They have had my money for a month and still no idea when or even if I'm going to get the table by Christmas or whenever.
  • geomacl
    geomacl Posts: 365 Forumite
    Options
    I have been waiting since 11 Jan 2014 for a simple delivery. Info from Asda told me it would arrive in 3 days (14 Jan) but that was without the co-operation of Asda's delivery service (HERMES"!!). Item eventually arrived on 17th January but was seriously damaged. Item efficiently returned via Asda company YODEL and replacement set in motion. Again HERMES selected by Asda to do this and again the item has gone astray.
    It is now the 30th January for an item ordered on 11th January 2014. My advice is DON'T BOTHER - go elsewhare!
  • Gram_Parsons
    Options
    I did eventually get my coffee table on 8/9 January I think it was, after being told the 6th. Very nice it is too, shame it took all that time from 20 Nov though.
  • oceanwavex
    Options
    My opinion is dont not shop at asda direct. My last month has been a nightmare. on moving house on the 1st Aug my washing machine was damaged and bought new from asda direct on the 2nd will be delivered by the 19th, it never arrived. My wife has gone ape at me for choosing asda direct so on the 19th Aug I ask for refund. By the 29 Asda still had not paid me my refund and had to phone south Africa again. They said a it hadnt been authorized so now the 3rd sept and still no refund from Asda I have just phoned SA again got the same answer no authorization. But will done this time(no holding breath)

Its the worst retail experience I had to date at thr right young age of 45. I wont even do my grocery shopping at the normal shop due to this experience.

On the 29th Aug I chase this up as still moneu not return by asda still not returned at the 3rd september. Yes South Africa call centre nobody has a clue to the process and try to get to speak to anyone of authority to compalined
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport