NATIONWIDE current account

Options
Wanted to open one for my hols. I was informed that they would have to do a search for their flex-account, but not for their BASIC a/c. I would want to use this no-frills a/c for cash withdrawls in Spain. Has anybody used this route and how easy is it to find Citrus cash machines in Spain?
Don't waste your words I don't need,
Anything from you.
I don't care where you've been or,
What you plan to do.

Comments

• Woby_Tide
    Woby_Tide Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Citrus cash machines are probably few and far between, Cirrus there will probably be plenty, it's part of the Mastercard branding I think
  • Turning_into_scrooge
    Options
    Nationwide cash cards are accepted all over the world, Even at 300 atm's in Bangkok. You shouldn't have any problems but if you are worried have a look at he mastecard website and you can check the location of any cash machine that takes cirrus :o

http://www.mastercard.com/us/gateway.html
  • pin
    pin Posts: 4,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nationwide cards are Visa cards (as far as I was aware), however you should not have any problems getting cash out using them.
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind" - Mahatma Gandhi
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    pin wrote:
    Nationwide cards are Visa cards (as far as I was aware)
    Their debit card is Visa-Delta, cash card is Cirrus.
  • colinw
    colinw Posts: 59,967 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have used my Nationwide Debit card in ATM's in Australia, New Zealand, Samoa, Spain, Italy, Argentina, oh yes and Newcastle.
  • pin
    pin Posts: 4,265 Forumite
    Options
    grumbler wrote:
    Their debit card is Visa-Delta, cash card is Cirrus.

Oh... Don't I feel stupid now!!
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind" - Mahatma Gandhi
  • Turning_into_scrooge
    Options
    pin wrote:
    Nationwide cards are Visa cards (as far as I was aware), however you should not have any problems getting cash out using them.

I have a cash card which is cirrus i don't know about the debit cards when i mailed them off their internet banking page and asked them if the card could be used abroad they sent me to the mastercard website as its got the cirrus logo which correct me if im wrong is the mastercard logo too or something like that :o
  • Turning_into_scrooge
    Options
    colinw wrote:
    I have used my Nationwide Debit card in ATM's in Australia, New Zealand, Samoa, Spain, Italy, Argentina, oh yes and Newcastle.

I know it can be used in Thailand :D
  • Johnathan_2
    Options
    Transfer Foreign Currency abroad

For the transfer of money, I have used Capital IFX Ltd. A particularly easy way to transfer funds to Spain, all you need is the IBAN number of the account to which the funds are to be sent and they do the rest. The euro rate at the moment is great and the minimum transaction amount that Capital IFX will handle is £5000 GBP. Others will deal with a lesser amount but their exchange rates are not as good and some charge for the TT.

Register with Capital IFX which takes a few days and then ring them everyday to check the euro rate. Once agreed, payment must reach them via TT (Telegraphic Transfer or CHAPS within 2 working days). They will then process the transaction and forward on the amount to the account in Spain or wherever.

Worked a treat with the transfer to our Euro account in spain for the deposit. Just allow a few days before completion for the money to arrive.

I would really recomend that you give them a call.

Contact them 0870 777 9777 or https://www.capitalifx.com

Johnathan
  • zx2011
    zx2011 Posts: 309 Forumite
    Options
    I just got back from Canada. I wasn't charged a fee for using the ATM even though one was displayed on the terminal. It was the best exchange rate I got by far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure