Ukpc parking control ltd

Hi,

two weeks ago I had had parking charge notice from UK PK Parking control just because my car was parked on my space that belongs to my freehold house but my permit was on the floor and was not visible to the officer, the officer is always the same person , we knows my car and he knows that my car is always parked on this space,it is on a private development, I tried to appeal but they told me that they can reduce the penalty charge to £15 but they cant cancel it, their permits only stick the little corners so when my window screen is a bit humid the permit keeps falling down all the time, I reported this few times to the management company.

Should I pay the £15 or not?

Many Thanks
Sergio

Replies

• The_Slithy_ToveThe_Slithy_Tove Forumite
    3.9K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Should I pay the £15 or not?
    Absolutely not! Why on earth are you participating in a scheme where some arbitrary third party thinks they can make you pay money to park on YOUR OWN LAND?! If it's freehold, then no-one can apply conditions of parking there.

Tell UKPC to swing, and while you're at it, tell the so-called management company that you are not participating in any scheme relating to YOUR LAND, and that the parking company is not welcome there, and you will take legal action against them (the management co) if the persist.

Read this: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?377246-UKCPS-liable-for-trespass. While it relates to leasehold, your position as freeholder is even stronger.
  • thanks for your reply.

the house is freehold but we have an allocated space to park.
    3.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    the house is freehold but we have an allocated space to park.
    Check the deeds of the house. Is the allocated space part of your property (there's normally a plan somewhere with what's yours outlined in red)?
  • Guys_DadGuys_Dad Forumite
    11K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an unusual case. Normally the properties are leasehold. So who actually owns the car parking and do you pay a service charge to them?

Are there any signs up? Obviously there is no lease on your property to check, so have you ever made any agreement with a managing agent or landowner?
  • All the houses on the development are freehold and all the flats are leasehold, the houses pay a really small part of service charge only for (communal garden areas and private road maintenance and cleaning) and yes there are signs saying that permits must be visible all the time, the point here is that the permits provided by this company are not good quality and they keep falling down from windscreen and they are too large to be placed on a permit holder.
  • edited 30 November 2013 at 1:58AM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    100.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 November 2013 at 1:58AM
    I tried to appeal but they told me that they can reduce the penalty charge to £15 but they cant cancel it

We had one like this the other week (but it was an Athena ticket) and this was my suggested reply (details and amounts would need tweaking):

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=63714390#post63714390

It would be amusing to send that (suitably amended). You could also add a less-rude version of this to your reply:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=63918530#post63918530

which I wrote for ANPR Ltd to point out the latest POPLA newsletter which says they MUST include the POPLA code and motorist should not have to ask for it (the sarky comments I wrote in that particular thread were for ANPR Ltd, so leave them out, but you can see the newsletter for yourself and use it against UKPC).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • UKPC often reduce their parking charge (it's not a penalty) to £15 when they are caught out (I've helped someone offline who received such a letter - now appealing to POPLA).

On my first house (freehold) there was a shared parking area which had 6 parking spaces (two allocated for each house) - These were clearly marked on the deeds. If I had received a parking charge for parking on my property then I would be taking legal action against the company and taking out an injunction.

You don't need a permit to show you have permission to park at your own house.

Letter to UKPC:

F.A.O. Rupert Williams, Director

PCN No:
    Reg No:

Dear Sir

This letter is to inform you that any liability to pay the parking charge or your reduced offer of £15 is refuted and request immediate cancellation.

I am the legal owner of the freehold property and allocated parking space in question and would like to remind you that neither the management company nor UKPC hold any proprietary interest in the land in question and are therfore unable to make any third party demands of this nature.

You should also be advised that no further parking charges can be issued to my vehicle on this site and that I am considering taking legal action against UKPC for a counterclaim for damages in this matter.

I therefore look forward to receiving confirmation of cancellation by return of post. However, should you refuse you can of course issue a POPLA code and face the legal consequences of your actions.

Please note any further demands for payment or future parking charges issued will result in an immediate claim for damages being raised, which may also involve obtaining a court injunction against you.

Yours faithfully

PRINT NAME
    3.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    here is that the permits provided by this company are not good quality and they keep falling down from windscreen and they are too large to be placed on a permit holder.
    Forgive me, but that is not the point at all. The point is, why do you think you need to display a permit at all to park on your own land? Do I need a permit to park my car on my drive? No. Your position is the same (assuming you own the space, which is likely).

Do as 4consumerrights suggests. If you want to stick the knife in, you may also want to add that all further tickets will be challenged, taken to POPLA, and will cost UKPC £27 every time. Considering they have no right to demand money at all, I can't see them issuing a ticket every day at a cost to them of £27 a go.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Bacon flavoured toothpaste

Can you help this Forumite track some down?

Join the Forum discussion

£10 Christmas bonus

For benefits recipients

MSE News