Asda direct

Options
I ordered an item from Asda direct for click and collect from the store. It said that the goods would be available for collection after 5 pm the next day. When I went to collect it hadn't arrived. The assistant checked and it hadn't been despatched from the warehouse, but he was unable to find out why. He also explained that they send an email when the item is ready for collection. He gave me a phone number to ring too. I called the number and the item is out of stock. A week later it is still out of stock. I decide to cancel the order.
I go online and click on 'Cancel my order' only to find that I have to phone them up. There is no way that you can contact Asda direct via the website.
I call the number and listen to a message telling me I can track the order online etc before giving me a list of options. I press the appropriate button and hear the message I've already listened to once. I then get asked to punch in my order number. (the system is not one that responds when you start swearing at it)
I then get to speak to a human being. I explain that I want to cancel my order. She immediately asks for my order number - the one that I had to punch in a few seconds earlier, why? She then tells me that she cannot cancel my order. What?!? She will promote it so that it can be cancelled. I am feeling left in limbo in spite of her assurances that I will be informed.
All I have is a verbal promise. Not impressed dot com. No wonder Amazon is so popular. Rant over for now.

Comments

• sistafromanothermista
    Options
    You should have had it delivered. Their delivery service is superb.
    DEBT FREE AND PROUD:D
    'Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure