Can I claim money back if Ive cancelled my car insurance?

Hi guys,

Ive been trying to get through to Admiral but its taking too long. Tried reading all their bumph on their website but cant find what Im looking for.

I put some temporary insurance on my car, just enough to cover me while I was selling it. However it sold in the first day! Do you think Ill be able to cancel my insurance and get my money back? I bought a months worth of insurance and have about 25 days left on it - but seeing as I dont have the car anymore I dont need it.

Thanks

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Read up the cancellation section in the Policy to see what happens regarding any refund if you want to cancel early.
  • I wasnt aware that Admiral did short term insurance? Cant see anything on their website about.

You legally have a cooling off period of 14 days and so can cancel it however they are entitled to charge both for the time on cover and an administration fee. These will be detailed in the policy when you bought it and may well be fairly close to the cost of a months insurance
  • When you say temporary insurance, was it an additional vehicle piggybacked onto an existing policy, or a standalone insurance for just that vehicle?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure