The Coalition's Version Of A Price Freeze?

MillicentBystander
MillicentBystander Posts: 3,518 Forumite
edited 29 November 2013 at 8:33AM in Energy
It's inevitably more wishy washy but still...

Although I'm left leaning, I've never really rated the Ed variety of Milliband but his price freeze pledge (whether political stunt or not) is turning into a master stroke in awakening this lazy Coalition into actually doing something about the country's most distrusted industry (the words of Which? not me). They seem to have finally come round to the reality that it will form a very big part of decidig who the GP vote for come 2015. What took them so long? Maybe because they don't have to worry about the bills like the mere mortals they govern? #outoftouch

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25148069

Comments

• They are all in it together. One big Ripp-Off.
    How convenient that Camoron's Condems now wants a price freeze until 2015, soften you up just before the next election and then after they'll screw us over as usual.
    Re- Nationalize all essential utilities stop this Ripp-Off.:mad:
  • Road_Hog
    Road_Hog Posts: 2,749 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    It's inevitably more wishy washy but still...

Although I'm left leaning, I've never really rated the Ed variety of Milliband but his price freeze pledge (whether political stunt or not) is turning into a master stroke in awakening this lazy Coalition into actually doing something

It was Ed Miliband who as Energy Secretary started this green taxes con, that has sent our energy bills spiralling upwards.

It appears that the price freeze story is not true.

http://order-order.com/2013/11/29/no10-confirms-energy-price-freeze-story-is-untrue/#comment-1957099

If you want to see why your bills have increased, look at these wholesale prices over a period, then look at the line that includes environmental prices as well, and you can see where the increase is.
  • Road_Hog wrote: »
    It was Ed Miliband who as Energy Secretary started this green taxes con, that has sent our energy bills spiralling upwards.

It appears that the price freeze story is not true.

http://order-order.com/2013/11/29/no10-confirms-energy-price-freeze-story-is-untrue/#comment-1957099

If you want to see why your bills have increased, look at these wholesale prices over a period, then look at the line that includes environmental prices as well, and you can see where the increase is.

I'm not in any way defending his previous record, by the way, but what exactly were the ConDems doing about this thorny problem before Ed's pledge at the Labour Conference? I can't imagine your answer will be a very long one...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure