IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye Chester

Options
Hi

We are in a hire car at the moment and parked in a retail park in Chester today. It's a PE managed carpark with 1 hour's free parking. We visited for 2 reasons: firstly to go to the dentist and second to pop into Majestic for some wine (Majestic is in the retail park, but the dentist is not).

Unfortunately, the dentist appointment ran late, and we got back to the car 1 minute over the 1 hour time limit. We didn't actually have time to go to Majestic.

My questions are:

1: Is there any "grace" period for PE?
2: I assume that if an invoice is issued then it will go to Avis who will forward the details to them. Will this alter anything?
3: Do I have any realistic chance of appeal?

Ta!
It is not the bullet with your name on it, rather the one addressed "to whom it may concern" that should worry you!

Comments

• Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes there is a grace period. Check the British Parking Website http://www.britishparking.co.uk/write/Documents/AOS/AOS_CoP_June_2013_update.pdf and they have ignored that.

Yes, you can win, either with PE possibly or certainly at POPLA.

Because it is a hire car, then you need to act if you get a charge notice, but PE may be aggressive but they are fairer than some so you may not get an NtK.

You can anticipate any possible charges by informing Avis or whoever that, should they get a Private Parking Invoice from Parking Eye, on no account should they pay it but to supply PE with your name and address as per the requirements of POFA 2012..
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi

We are in a hire car at the moment and parked in a retail park in Chester today. It's a PE managed carpark with 1 hour's free parking. We visited for 2 reasons: firstly to go to the dentist and second to pop into Majestic for some wine (Majestic is in the retail park, but the dentist is not).

Unfortunately, the dentist appointment ran late, and we got back to the car 1 minute over the 1 hour time limit. We didn't actually have time to go to Majestic.

My questions are:

1: Is there any "grace" period for PE?
    2: I assume that if an invoice is issued then it will go to Avis who will forward the details to them. Will this alter anything?
    3: Do I have any realistic chance of appeal?

Ta!

1 minute over should not generate a ticket but I would write to the Manager of Majestic wines and explain what this parasite PPC is doing for their business.

And write to Avis - if you search the forum for keyword 'Avis' as well, we had a thread the other week where they stupidly just paid a fake PCN rather than simply passing on the driver's details. And the motorist complained and got it refunded; they admitted their t&cs were ambiguous or similar. In your letter to Avis, cover all bases and give them permission to pass on your details as driver as you will be appealing and will dispute any deduction for such a fake parking ticket invoice.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure