Final response letter from bank

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
7 replies 1.4K views
richje100richje100 Forumite
88 Posts
PPI Party Pooper
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
Hi guys. Sent off my claim form Back in sept and had letter saying they will respond within 8wks which is today. Come home to a letter starting off "we have tried to contact you several times to discuss my allegations but to no success". No I've had no phone calls (wouldn't hav discussed it with them anyone cos any guarantee they are who thy at thy are) and neither any letters asking me to ring them. Also they are declining my complaint on the following:

At the time I purchased the protection plan it was HSBC process to issue me with a policy document and information pack which explained how the policy works.
I would also like to bring to your attention that the pack confirmed it was optional and had 30 days opt out. This provided you with time to read the spinner and raise any queries.

Therefore adequate steps was made to ensure you knew about the policy.

Any advice guys? I can't remember seeing such document and if there was one it would've been in a pile of about 30 pages, how would anyone be able to read through all of this?
The ppi was not explained at the point of signing the loan and therefore the key contents of my monthly payment not expalined.
I work for a very small insurance broker and I have seen claims being paid when the documents contain an exclusion but overturned because the ombudsman has commented "how do you expect a customer to read all this information "
Also, I've had 2 loans and only the one had ppi so surely ifi needed ppi I would've taken it on the 2nd one?

Any advice guys?

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs