ppi claim

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
1 reply 333 views
billsboybillsboy Forumite
1 Post
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
just got a claim form from mbna credit cards.there seems to be a lot of questions about savings ,personal circumstances.ability to pay the off the loan should i be come unemployed for whatever reason.i am self employed so surely all of that is irrelevant.do they really need to know all of this information for my claim to go ahead.also they sent me the forms without me asking.

Replies

• dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    106.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Many PPI policies cover the self employed. A significant minority do not or have onerous conditions. If yours is one that does not or the conditions are too onerous then you have reason for complaint. If yours does cover self employed and has standard requirements then that is not a valid reason for complaint.
    do they really need to know all of this information for my claim to go ahead

If you fail to supply the information they require then it can only harm your complaint.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals