first plus

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
1 reply 515 views
ajrp66ajrp66 Forumite
1 Post
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
hi can anyone advise applied to first plus for ppi claim ,was told it was misold and could apply for reclaim ,then got letter in post saying that company that first plus got insurance from was arrow finance and they had gone bust therefore could not claim fpr the misold ppi ,
loan was for 50.000 and ppi was 7000 ,paid this loan off in full when remortgaged and had to pay 62.000 to settle.this was 8 years ago .should first plus still pay this ppi as i got it through loan with them or am i not able to claim like they said .any help appreciated

Replies

• dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    106.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    ajrp66 wrote: »
    hi can anyone advise applied to first plus for ppi claim ,was told it was misold and could apply for reclaim ,then got letter in post saying that company that first plus got insurance from was arrow finance and they had gone bust therefore could not claim fpr the misold ppi ,
    loan was for 50.000 and ppi was 7000 ,paid this loan off in full when remortgaged and had to pay 62.000 to settle.this was 8 years ago .should first plus still pay this ppi as i got it through loan with them or am i not able to claim like they said .any help appreciated

The lender does not carry the liability for the sale. The seller/broker does.

You say 8 years ago. However, can you give us the exact date you bought the loan/insurance. This is very important as it will determine whether you can go to the FSCS or not.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals