Npower billing problems

Options
cath000
cath000 Posts: 104 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Im with Npower and have been for many years, always pay for duel fuel by direct debit, There has been an ongoing technical problem with my account apparently that has stopped me getting a bill. The last time I was billed was 21st November 2013.
I just have hundreds of pounds of credit on the account and no bill, they have said they have no idea when it will be sorted.
After numerous phonecalls:mad:, the last complaints manager told be that they can only actually bill me for 12 months worth of usage.
Has anyone else had experience of this?
If this is true then the longer this goes on the better off I will be maybe??;)

any advice greatly received, thanks

Comments

• MarcoM
    MarcoM Posts: 799 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

I am having trouble accessing my online account.
    Last week I requested a paper bill and was told they had printed it manually but nothing received as yet. I am 350 quid in credit with them.
    I have complained to their peterlee address but have not received anything. Next steps is their executive department.
  • cath000
    Options
    Soory meant to say November 2012 was last billing date so twelve months have passed
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am in the same position in that I was due a bill this November and they have told me that I will not get one until May now :mad: I am so unhappy as that will be a year and I would like my direct debit reviewed now not in 6 months time after a year!
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,879 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    All you people not receiving bills need to WRITE an OFFICIAL COMPLAINT about not receiving regular and accurate bills. When they fail to satisfactorily and accurately bill you send it on to the ombudsman and perhaps this joke of an outfit will get a kicking.
  • Fruit_and_Nut_Case
    Options
    Rummer wrote: »
    ...I would like my direct debit reviewed now not in 6 months time after a year!
    Can you not do a self-review and go online to change the DD amount to something more appropriate if you feel the need?
    Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
    :coffee:
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    All you people not receiving bills need to WRITE an OFFICIAL COMPLAINT about not receiving regular and accurate bills. When they fail to satisfactorily and accurately bill you send it on to the ombudsman and perhaps this joke of an outfit will get a kicking.

I have written two official complaints now and have given a date by which I expect a response and then I am going to contact the ombudsman.
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • nPower
    nPower Posts: 1,319 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    cath000 wrote: »
    Im with Npower and have been for many years, always pay for duel fuel by direct debit, There has been an ongoing technical problem with my account apparently that has stopped me getting a bill. The last time I was billed was 21st November 2013.
    I just have hundreds of pounds of credit on the account and no bill, they have said they have no idea when it will be sorted.
    After numerous phonecalls:mad:, the last complaints manager told be that they can only actually bill me for 12 months worth of usage.
    Has anyone else had experience of this?
    If this is true then the longer this goes on the better off I will be maybe??;)

any advice greatly received, thanks

Hello cath000,

Thank you for your post.

We are aware of billing issues and are working to have this fixed as soon as possible.

If you would like me to check on any progress of your account and look at a direct debit reassessment I can. Please email me your details to the address of my profile page.

Thanks

Carmel :)
    Official Company Representative"
    I am the official company representative of nPower. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    If we ask you to contact us, please do so using helpandsupport@npower.com - MSE Forum has temporarily allowed the display of our contact details in our signature due to a technical issue with our profile
  • cath000
    Options
    Hi, thanks for the reply, to be honest Im past caring about the bill issue now, I am sick of phoning and being fobbed off with the same reply.
    I am more concerned in finding out how the rule of not being able to bill me for more than 12 months will apply to me, as I stated in my original post, my last billing date was 21st Nov 2012, so when this problem eventually gets fixed am I right in thinking it will only be a bill for the last 12 full months?? So for example if it was fixed today, would I only be billed from 2/12/2012??

thanks in advance
  • NittyGritty
    Options
    the most they can backdate is 1 year,so from when they sorted your bill out I would imagine. just check your statement, whenever u get it that its not more than 12 months
  • scaredofdebt
    scaredofdebt Posts: 1,640 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Interesting - so if you got a bill for example covering the period 1st Nov 2012 to 25th Nov 2013 would you simply tell them to go away and rebill for no more than a year or would you need to make a part-payment for the year? In which case how do you work that out?

If they have to rebill then you'd get another few weeks for "free" while they did the rebill, possibly months for nPower customers!
    Make £2018 in 2018 Challenge - Total to date £2,108
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport