We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

TV with no areal?

I would like to watch TV in my bedroom but their is no areal point. Is their some way to watch TV through my wifi, with either a smart TV or something else.

I have tried googling this but I got very confused. Thanks!

Comments

  • iPlayer, and Catchup TV (which is live streaming of Freeview TV)
  • OK how do I get those onto a TV? can you buy TV's that can do this or a device that can let me watch those without a areal? someone recommended apple TV? I sound really stupid I know!!
  • ariba10
    ariba10 Posts: 5,432 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    If are not too far from a transmitter you might be able to get a signal with an indoor set top aerial.
    I used to be indecisive but now I am not sure.
  • no a set top aerial won't work. I thought their would be a TV with freeview wifi built in or a small device that would enable me to easily do this!
  • Tiexen
    Tiexen Posts: 740 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    Now TV £10

    https://shop.nowtv.com/

    Catch up on shows you missed with BBC iPlayer and Demand 5. Stay up-to-date with Sky News and BBC News. And add awesome apps like Facebook, Spotify and Vimeo. They’re already loaded so just turn on your TV to get watching
  • Alternatively, look at the post you made four minutes earlier in the Wanna Buy it or Do it board.
  • GlynD
    GlynD Posts: 10,883 Forumite
    Get a TV aerial installer out or a handyman and have an extra aerial cable added. You don't need it to be fixed to the wall or anything, just the cable with a socket on it. Takes less than 30 minutes to do in most houses. They just splice the extra cable onto the main aerial.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.