Website Prices

Hi

I have just contacted a company to purchase a gift voucher, the online price quoted £29, when I phoned the company they advised me the prices has risen about a year ago and the price was now £32. I know it is only £3 difference but its the principal, I said they should honour the price but they would not and no manager to speak to until Monday. What are my consumer rights with regard to this, can any advise me.

Many thanks
Geraldine

Comments

• I'm really sorry, but to the best of my knowledge you're unlikely to have any right to recourse, because of a price increase - since it's you who have made the offer to buy the items.

Just take a look at the Very.co.uk news story, where a pricing mistake - and as you can see the have no legal right to mistaken price - but there doing out of a gesture of goodwill.

Sorry that I could not provide more positive news.
    Thank you all for helping me make my day by saving money!
  • thenudeone
    thenudeone Posts: 4,462
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    In law, a contract isn't complete until both parties agree to the sale. A computer program can't agree to a sale.

In any case, virtually every selling website has T&Cs terms making this clear.

But the retailer might give in if you make enough noise about it (as Very.co.uk did recently)
    We need the earth for food, water, and shelter.
    The earth needs us for nothing.
    The earth does not belong to us.
    We belong to the Earth
  • pjread
    pjread Posts: 1,100
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    suggest a quick web search for "invitation to treat"

unless you did purchase online, and have actually paid (e.g. credit card has been debited), then your position is a bit stronger (but still expect an argument).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure