Free Hot drink and cake every month @ John Lewis

Options

Comments

• marvin
    marvin Posts: 2,185 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    We both got the same as above in our house they must have been missing us.
    I started with nothing and I am proud to say I still have most of it left.
  • ketoned
    Options
    Aww, assume no vegan cake so for me might have to be the free drink only!
  • Ziggy_Stardust
    Ziggy_Stardust Posts: 1,418 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I have seen dishes of fresh fruit there before now so fingers crossed they may have some for you :)
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    More vouchers received in the last few days.

Couple of free hot drink and cake vouchers per person for September and October plus various other bits and pieces of very little consequence.

Rarely ever use them these days though - the nearest JL is quite some way off and it’s no longer worth the journey for their high prices and poor service.

I do wonder just how long they can keep going with falling sales and profits plus Amazon constantly outdoing them on price and customer service.

Another set of poor results due out this week. Sad to see it going this way but there’s a sense of inevitability about it all, just like House of Fraser and Debenhams.
  • pumpkin89
    Options
    Doc_N wrote: »
    I do wonder just how long they can keep going with falling sales and profits plus Amazon constantly outdoing them on price and customer service.

Another set of poor results due out this week. Sad to see it going this way but there’s a sense of inevitability about it all, just like House of Fraser and Debenhams.

I'm not sure this is true. Profits were massively down in their last financial year but sales were up - the poor profitability seems to be largely due to price-matching those competitors who are trying to survive by having permanent clearance events.

John Lewis also has a much better online operation than House of Fraser or Debenhams.
  • Ziggy_Stardust
    Options
    pumpkin89 wrote: »
    I'm not sure this is true. Profits were massively down in their last financial year but sales were up - the poor profitability seems to be largely due to price-matching those competitors who are trying to survive by having permanent clearance events.

John Lewis also has a much better online operation than House of Fraser or Debenhams.

I agree with you, I will be sorry to see all the cosmetic discounts go if anything should happen to debenhams but JL is a completely different store who in my opinion have kept their stores a pleasant experience, I hate going to Debenhams it always seems to be a mishmash and not as easy to navigate as JL. I've nearly always found JL's customer service to be good with only a few exceptions. The only downside to my local JL is the parking charges and I'd rather have free parking than cake and coffee as that would allow me more time to browse and perhaps spend more ;).
  • Mee
    Mee Posts: 1,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    wacko15 wrote: »
    Just received two tea and cake vouchers (1 June - 31 Aug and 3 Sept - 31 Oct) plus a 50% off first cook well box.
    Same here. Really didn't expect to receive anything given how much they've wasted on re-branding.
    Free thinker.:cool:
  • paul2louise
    Options
    Just got a set of 2 vouchers. 4th Sept - 9th Oct, 10th Oct - 31st oct
    Not sure be able to use first one as its only a couple weeks left on it.
    Can they be used in waitrose coffee shops. John Lewis is a bit of a trek to get to
  • marvin
    marvin Posts: 2,185 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just got a set of 2 vouchers. 4th Sept - 9th Oct, 10th Oct - 31st oct
    Not sure be able to use first one as its only a couple weeks left on it.
    Can they be used in waitrose coffee shops. John Lewis is a bit of a trek to get to

No they cannot be used in Waitrose although owned by the same group they are separate companies with separate marketing and management structures.

It is never worth going far out of your way for a freebe as it stops it being free.
    I started with nothing and I am proud to say I still have most of it left.
  • paul2louise
    Options
    marvin wrote: »
    No they cannot be used in Waitrose although owned by the same group they are separate companies with separate marketing and management structures.

It is never worth going far out of your way for a freebe as it stops it being free.

I thought so. I used to make special trips when it was more of a novelty but now I only go if I am planning a trip into Nottingham. I have given them to friends before but they sometimes don't use them either. I would prefer less of them but longer expiry dates.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure