We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Another fake comp?

Options

Comments

• custardcream1000
    Options
    Thanks for the info mjm - I tend to avoid the like and share comps so don't really understand the whole process. I wonder if it was supposed to be public?

Either way, if she is a genuine person, it is not her fault that the promotion has been a bit of a sham so I hope she still gets the prize.
    £630/ £2014

• sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The posts on the comp have all been removed.
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • Rossco_Clarko
    Options
    Removed comp post. Funny thing to do if you have nothing to hide.
  • Rossco_Clarko
    Options
    They've just said "yeah we removed it as we were still getting people entering and also a copple of sore looser out there:)" in response to a woman asking where it is. And state they've had a drink :S
  • custardcream1000
    custardcream1000 Posts: 231 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 16 November 2013 at 12:23AM
    Options
    This is what they have just posted -

Westlothians Bargain Appliances yeah we removed it as we were still getting people entering and also a copple of sore looser out there:)

I didn't enter but feel just as peeved as anyone that did - they are trying to deflect...tut tut tut!
    £630/ £2014

• Rossco_Clarko
    Options
    It's weird too- there's not one mention of the company on Google.
  • Rossco_Clarko
    Rossco_Clarko Posts: 198 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 16 November 2013 at 12:42AM
    Options
    A woman asked how people were sore losers- I posted what happened and they deleted all comments again. Definite scam.

Edit: deleted my review twice too.
  • MaineBlue
    MaineBlue Posts: 15,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I've just started posting "Is this available to anyone or do you have to live locally to purchase?" on their product adverts on their facebook page.

Yes, I'm bored, but I'm having fun too
    UEFA: Corrupting Football Since 1954 #CTID
  • wingobins
    wingobins Posts: 20,649 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I thought this comp was too good to be true! I have also unliked them now. Another company that should be named and shamed!
    Big thanks to all who contribute to the forums. Be lucky everyone and be safe!
  • hamster
    hamster Posts: 603 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    I posted the following information at the end of the original comp thread earlier.

The winner is apparently from Livingston where the company claim to be based and they say they "mailed" her when entry was by facebook likes.

On Facebook their contact number is a mobile and Google maps for the postcode they give shows a residential area with no sign of a "massive warehouse bursting with new stock".

The Samantha Burns from Livingston Facebook page (the named winner) has posts which only started on the 5th November the day after the company facebook page was created.

Samatha Burns Profile picture comes from here:

http://crimelist.ru/archives/30783-sluchai-zarubezhnoy-praktiki

or here:

http://www.gazetaby.com/cont/print_rdn.php?sn_nid=56303

Using Google translate the photo is apparently a picture of a 23 or 25 year old Russian girl who went into a coma and died after plastic surgery at a clinic in Minsk in April this year. Her name translates to Julia Kubareva and her tragic death is reported in English here:

http://eurobelarus.info/en/news/society/2013/05/20/has-the-war-against-private-health-care-in-belarus-started.html
    Well, you know, my ancestry isn't all hamster.
    I'm one-sixteenth wolf with, you know, a little wolverine in there somewhere.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport