We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Using a WIFI router to make a computer wireless?
NowRetired
Posts: 366 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
I have a spare computer which is only used occasionally, connected to my Virgin superhub by Ethernet cable as required.
Is it possible to use a spare Virgin wireless router as a "wireless dongle" instead of using a USB WIFI adapter?
And if so how?
Is it possible to use a spare Virgin wireless router as a "wireless dongle" instead of using a USB WIFI adapter?
And if so how?
Getting forgetful, if you think I've asked this before I probably have. :rotfl:
0
Comments
-
Have you seen how cheap usb wifi adapters are?
From two quid upwards.0 -
Have you seen how cheap usb wifi adapters are?
Not as cheap as free.Getting forgetful, if you think I've asked this before I probably have. :rotfl:0 -
Possible depends upon the router and its firmware .
Google WiFi bridging mode .
Have look at the Virgin forums .0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards