Relief

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in IVA & DRO
1 reply 701 views
finallyfreeatlastfinallyfreeatlast Forumite
2 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in IVA & DRO
Just thought I'd share my good news.
After years of suffering trying to juggle my debt(and my beautiful significant others) I have finally had to give in.

I have just had my IVA agreed and I wish I'd done it sooner, I fought on robbing Peter to pay Paul for years trying to protect my job which is in financial services. My income is reasonable and even though I had a £100k of debt I was still getting accepted for more credit, most recently another credit card with a £6k limit (I bet that underwriter is getting a b******Ing now).

When I finally decided enough was enough I was fully expecting to lose my job but have been astounded by the support that I have received from my employer and I still have my job.

I've got a payment of circa £400 a month which is manageable and the usual property restrictions/release clauses. Dividend is just shy of 15p in the £ which will probably double over the 5 years with my small bonus and eventual equity release.

There is hope out there and light at the end of the tunnel and just thought I would share it.:j

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals