We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Buy now (PC components) or wait for Black Friday?

Hi guys

In process of building a new gaming PC & many of tthe components will be bought from Amazon UK.

I really need the items now BUT do I wait for Black Friday to grab myself a bargain?

From previous years & in your guys experience, I am likely to grab a discount in a couple of weeks?

Comments

  • Cisco001
    Cisco001 Posts: 4,370 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    I don't notice black friday make much difference...

    Why amazon? They could be cheaper/ more choice at other place.
  • Thanks

    I have checked the PCpartpicker website & Amazon is the cheapest on most or with in a few pence
  • Scan is usually the place to go, but if you've done your research then fair enough
    Friendly greeting!
  • Cisco001
    Cisco001 Posts: 4,370 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Thanks

    I have checked the PCpartpicker website & Amazon is the cheapest on most or with in a few pence

    OK. Just remind you to check delivery charge as well.
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,420 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    I really need the items now BUT do I wait for Black Friday to grab myself a bargain?
    I'm after a copy of MS Office 2013, is there any likelihood of them having a black Friday deal on that?
    Stompa
  • WTFH
    WTFH Posts: 2,266 Forumite
    Stompa wrote: »
    I'm after a copy of MS Office 2013, is there any likelihood of them having a black Friday deal on that?


    In one word:
    No.
    1. Have you tried to Google the answer?
    2. If you were in the other person's shoes, how would you react?
    3. Do you want a quick answer or better understanding?
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,420 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    WTFH wrote: »
    In one word:
    No.
    Thanks, I suspected that to be the case. Though it looks like they may have had it on offer in previous years in the US.
    Stompa
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.