MSE News: Had your CPP card protection mis-selling letter? Don't forget to vote 'yes'

in Credit Cards
21 replies 6.5K views

Replies

• MrBrindleMrBrindle Forumite
    332 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know if a similar thing will happen with 'Privacy Guard'?
  • Woody39Woody39 Forumite
    64 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    received my voting form today. I did have card protection and Identity protection policies, but only got one voting form!

I called CPP as I was expecting a voting form for each policy. But I was told I only needed one voting form for both policies, as my covering letter had quoted both policy numbers and this was bar coded into the voting form! Another bit of confusion as I had read one vote form per policy!

Also one of my policies started in 2001 and I was told to contact the original provider to claim for those years 2001-2005.

What is rather worrying is "this claiming/voting" process seems a little too easy, if it is approved. Usually you have to fight to get any compensation, which is a long drawn out process! Why are they making it easy (for some of us)????
  • I didnt get the first letter. But this morning I got the second, well actually I got two, seperately. I'm a bit bewildered as if I received this letter, then I at some point had PPI? I dont recall ever having it, I always say no to add-ons, and I would have seen the payments come out.

Also, since then, I've been bankrupt and have moved. How did they know my address? I only have one bank account now with the co-op, is my info shared?

I'll vote yes as if I didn't even know I had it, I was definitely miss-sold!

You won't get anything if you've been bankrupt as it'll go to the official receiver as the debts will have fell into bankruptcy
  • What if we were sold ccp before 2005, by voting yes are we doing our selves out of the chance to claim per 2005?
  • Hi

I have definitely had CPP insurance probably taken out in 2005 or 2006 and it was cancelled some years ago I have old paperwork giving the policy number but nothing else. I cant remember whether it came with a credit card or elsewhere.
    I now have a form to complete to claim but am unsure what to put under the question:"Why do you want to be considered for compensation" Would it be sufficient to say I had a policy and state the number or do they require more exact details as to dates and how I got it?
  • fuzzgun19fuzzgun19 Forumite
    7.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    What if you have an old account and the 'letter' goes to an old address?

What if you can't remember if you had card protection on an account over 6 yrs old?
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • SuperAllyBSuperAllyB Forumite
    811 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Fizzywizzy wrote: »
    Hi

I have definitely had CPP insurance probably taken out in 2005 or 2006 and it was cancelled some years ago I have old paperwork giving the policy number but nothing else. I cant remember whether it came with a credit card or elsewhere.
    I now have a form to complete to claim but am unsure what to put under the question:"Why do you want to be considered for compensation" Would it be sufficient to say I had a policy and state the number or do they require more exact details as to dates and how I got it?

I believe you have to state the reasons you believe the policy was mis-sold, as having had a policy doesn't automatically mean you have a valid claim.

I, for example, believe the risk of identity theft and the cost of rectifying this were both exaggerated. I cancelled the policy after 10 months when i read more into it and realized the lack of value i was getting.
  • JuicyJesusJuicyJesus Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure about that? I'm not sure I understand why that would be the case.

Bankruptcy is a line in the sand. Debts prior to the bankruptcy are effectively annulled, but the flipside is any redress regarding them has to go to your bankruptcy trustee as the debt is owed to them now, not to you.

It is one of the reasons it's considered pointless for bankrupts to complain about PPI on pre-bankruptcy debt - the redress cannot legally go to them.
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
  • I received the claim form today which has to be returned by August 30th 2014. Is there a right or wrong answer to "why you want to be considered for compensation"?

Mike
  • wallbashwallbash
    17.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received the claim form today which has to be returned by August 30th 2014. Is there a right or wrong answer to "why you want to be considered for compensation"?

Mike

Snap !

Can anyone suggest the correct wording to use.

Or will .......... JUST GIVE ME THE MONEY ..work :D
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides