Creditsafe ... Grrrrrr!!

Options
Hi Guys,

I have been a customer of Creditsafe for 2 years, my usage during that period hasn't changed, i use it for data collection purposes rather than credit checking.

This week they have told me that they wanted to increase my package from £720 per year to £5,000!!! After discussions they've offered it to me for £1500. Still a 100% increase, as a compromise i came back with a figure of £1000, but nope they will not accept.

I feel being a paying customer for 2 years, very loyal, never missing a payment, they have treated me unfairly.

I need to search for companies by postcode/address, then i obtain the company name/ contact number and director details, does anybody know of an alternative that can do this?

Thanks

Comments

• HappyBunny
    Options
    How about trying Duedil.com for company info.
  • Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Options
    How often do you use it? is it occasional use or using it frequently?
    how many companies are you searching for typically?
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • happychappy1966
    Options
    Hi,

I search for 1000's per year.

I match postal addresses to company details, that's it, credit scoring doesn't interest nor any benefit to me.

Unfortunately Duedil.com doesn't offer me what i need.

Thanks
  • happychappy1966
    Options
    EDIT: I just checked and im originally paying£600 a year not £720.
  • Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    edited 12 November 2013 at 2:41PM
    Options
    I am not aware of any that would charge less than £1500 a year.

Edit - would you be able to do what you want via riskdisk (I've never used it much and not at all for years so don't know if you can search by address/postcode) but they used to be fairly cheap compared to some alternatives.
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • happychappy1966
    Options
    Possibly, Ive been referred to them by someone else so yes should work, most of the time i find what i require on Google then just double check on creditsafe, so i don't actually acquire reports etc, its just a reference checking tool on addresses.
  • RJ04RAM
    Options
    Have you tried Business Express from Experian. Try them or call 0844 481 0030
  • happychappy1966
    Options
    Yes, not what i need though, as they do registered addresses not guaranteeing trading addresses.
  • SimonPD
    Options
    Creditsafe have just changed their way of rating businesses. Our SME (just under £5M) business has gone from a 65 rating to an 11 cash only rating. All other Credit Check companies have us as a Low Risk, Good Credit Company. Just tried to cancel but Creditsafe are saying we have to see out the next 11 months of our contract! I have made 6 calls to speak to a senior Director or even an senior manager but no one wants to speak to me. Something is very wrong at Creditsafe....beware!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure