Barclaycard - Over Credit Limit

Options
Hi Guys,

For work we use Facebook advertising quite a lot, i have a company card on my account and my personal Barclaycard as a back up (Only used once for a prank)

Basically their was a problem with the work card, and the billing switched to my personal card, unfortunately taking me over my credit limit.

I happened to check my Barclaycard account the day it happened, called instantly and paid to take my account back in credit.

Now i fully understand it was my fault and Barclaycard were fair enough to not charge any fee's, but i was wondering just how badly in Barclaycards eyes this would of effected my credit worthiness with them?

Ive been working hard for 5 years after a default to be squeaky clean and am kicking my self for this little slip up.

Comments

• sistafromanothermista
    Options
    1 late payment won't kill you. I had 3 on my Next account a few yrs ago and that had no adverse effects.
    DEBT FREE AND PROUD:D
    'Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt'
  • BugsyBrowne
    BugsyBrowne Posts: 5,697 Forumite
    Options
    By own opinion I would say Barclaycard probably don't care TBH as long as the card is back within the limit.
  • BugsyBrowne
    BugsyBrowne Posts: 5,697 Forumite
    Options
    1 late payment won't kill you. I had 3 on my Next account a few yrs ago and that had no adverse effects.

Are you sure you're replying to the correct post?
  • bengal-stripe
    Options
    I presume your account was back within it's limit before "close of business" (time varies from bank to bank).

What counts is the balance at the end of the day, so it shouldn't effect you at all, as on this particular day (just as every other day) you never exceeded the limit.
  • dotdash79
    dotdash79 Posts: 1,069 Forumite
    Options
    Over limit is bad but not as bad as a late payment, you being over your limit shouldn't appear on your credit report unless that was the day they reported.

Give it a month and get a copy of your credit report.
  • sheilds
    sheilds Posts: 156 Forumite
    Options
    willLeeds wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

For work we use Facebook advertising quite a lot, i have a company card on my account and my personal Barclaycard as a back up (Only used once for a prank)

Basically their was a problem with the work card, and the billing switched to my personal card, unfortunately taking me over my credit limit.

I happened to check my Barclaycard account the day it happened, called instantly and paid to take my account back in credit.

Now i fully understand it was my fault and Barclaycard were fair enough to not charge any fee's, but i was wondering just how badly in Barclaycards eyes this would of effected my credit worthiness with them?

Ive been working hard for 5 years after a default to be squeaky clean and am kicking my self for this little slip up.

Why use you own card as a prank? Especially as you are trying hard to get squeaky clean again?
  • brown1950
    Options
    sheilds wrote: »
    Why use you own card as a prank? Especially as you are trying hard to get squeaky clean again?

As Barclaycard have 10 million customers in the UK they can increase
    their revenue by allowing 500,000 customers a month to go over their credit limit thus 500,000 x £12 late payment fees gives Barclaycard extra 6 million revenue a month !
  • willLeeds
    Options
    sheilds wrote: »

It was £4.20, im watching my finances. By that i mean not going over limits, not spending lavishly. I can manage £4.20, its less than a pint.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure