PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Choices Investments & Aquisitions

Options
Is there anyone out there who has used this company to buy property? They have contacted me about purchasing some off-plan investment apartments abroad,& the information provided does seem very promising-they charge a commission of 2.5%. I would like to know if anyone has had experience,or inside knowledge of this company.
many thanks mt

Comments

• wecanhelpu
    wecanhelpu Posts: 630 Forumite
    Options
    money_tree wrote: »
    Is there anyone out there who has used this company to buy property? They have contacted me about purchasing some off-plan investment apartments abroad,& the information provided does seem very promising-they charge a commission of 2.5%. I would like to know if anyone has had experience,or inside knowledge of this company.
    many thanks mt

Sorry, I have no knowledge of this company.

But experience tells me that, more likely than not, they will be a bunch of lying thieves and are probably best avoided.

Best wishes
  • Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They're the people that sell you auction details that are available for free elsewhere.

Money for old rope. I'd avoid companies like this altogether. If you aren't savvy enough to sniff out your own bargains, you shouldn't be paying or trusting people to do it for you, to be honest.
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • theGrinch
    theGrinch Posts: 3,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    they have a very very poor "reputation". If you visit singingpig.co.uk and do a search you will see countless people fed up with their broken promises. I have never come across someone that has successfully used these people.

if you have speak now or forever hold your peace.
    "enough is a feast"...old Buddist proverb
  • money_tree
    money_tree Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for replies.Its that i was rather put on the spot,& asked to make a definite reservation on an off-plan apartment in Budapest,saying that if i didn't make a quick reservation,then it would be snapped up by someone else.On the surface the bloke seemed very professional on the phone,& the email with attachment seemed promising,& i could understand the need for haste,however i felt /feel uneasy about having to make a decision in haste,maybe i am wrong,perhaps i have lost out on a good opportunity.But its interesting to know they have a dodgy reputation.
  • inmypocketnottheirs
    Options
    money_tree wrote: »
    maybe i am wrong,perhaps i have lost out on a good opportunity.But its interesting to know they have a dodgy reputation.

I doubt if you have missed out. These people thrive on the two motivations of buying: greed and fear of loss.
    Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.
    The Lord Giveth and the Government Taketh Away.
    I'm sorry, I don't apologise. That's just the way I am. Homer (Simpson)
  • Francis63
    Francis63 Posts: 217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 4 June 2010 at 2:34PM
    Options
    I found a house for sale by auction on the 'Zoopla! website.

I rang the number given for auctioneer details & they answered 'Choices'. I was then told that the auction house for this property was 'Thames Valley' & was given a phone number for them. I looked up Thames Valley on the internet & found the house details & location & date of the auction.

I plan to go & see the house on it's open day (hour) next week.

I then had a phone call from someone at Choices asking if I was interested & did I need anything. I said I would be going to have a look.

I was wondering what Choices' part was in all of this. I assumed perhaps they get a small introduction fee from the auction house itself?

I'm glad I came here to check as I will be horrified if I get a bill for 2.5% from them if I succesfully bid on this house! That would be about £6,000 for nothing. Choices haven't mentioned anything to me and have played no part (other than as above). I don't want them, don't need them, and wish they would go away!

I am reluctant to phone them to ask what the deal is & what it's got to do with them as I don't want any further involvement.

It's actually put me off bidding on this property.

Does anyone know the score?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport