We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

BT Home Hub 3

I assume setting this up is easy?

Do I need to follow the cd that comes with it or just unplug existing router and plug new one in?

Comments

  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,129
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    You don't need to use the CD at all, it'll just install a load of bloatware.
    Plug it in, log into the router log-in page and enter your BT Broadband username and password. That's usually all that is required. Get it working with ethernet and then sort out the wireless side, if required.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • googler
    googler Posts: 16,103
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Don't need the CD AT ALL...
  • S0litaire
    S0litaire Posts: 3,535
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I didn't need to enter in my Username or Password with by BT HH3 Router!

    You just plug it in and wait for the 3 lights to stop flashing and turn blue. Then off you go!!
    Laters

    Sol

    "Have you found the secrets of the universe? Asked Zebade "I'm sure I left them here somewhere"
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 33,236
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I used the Home Hub 3 on my plusnet BB and just needed to enter the username and password.

    The CD's generally just install the crap AV usually macafee which is terrible. I would rather have nothing than use that.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

  • googler
    googler Posts: 16,103
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    S0litaire wrote: »
    I didn't need to enter in my Username or Password with by BT HH3 Router!

    You just plug it in and wait for the 3 lights to stop flashing and turn blue. Then off you go!!

    If you're connecting to it by Ethernet. If by wireless, you have to enter the Network name and Password from the pull-out tab.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.