🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Facebook 30 day ban - Yippee!

Options
2»

Comments

• thepigeon
    Options
    sidsnot wrote: »
    Same here,I never do the like and share ones and no ban for me either,I'll post them for others if they want to enter but most of the best comps are through the apps so I don't think it's worth risking a ban personally. Firms will never stop doing them though because it is basically very cheap advertising.

I see, I just don't seem to come across sponsored ads that are comps. Whereas the l&s seem to appear more, guess if its free advertising that explains it. Guess its not fb really thinking its spam they are just trying to get companies on to ads to increase their revenues
  • sscrase
    sscrase Posts: 168 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the info above all, is it just L&S that's the problem ?, i.e. Is there any problem with just liking a lot of pages as I'm holding off entering a lot of these to avoid a potential ban.
  • mclarkie
    mclarkie Posts: 11,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 14 November 2013 at 12:12PM
    Options
    I try to avoid sharing as much as possible, liking has never caused me any problems.

heed the warning signs, before you get banned two things happen...

a. you will find yourself logged out of FB
    b. you will have to fill out a captcha to share anything
  • EnglishWelshie
    Options
    I got a facebook 24hr ban after being reported for an abusive comment on facebook. The comment was not in the slightest bit abusive but was a comment that i had posted on the action fraud facebook page along with many other comments about someone who has multiple facebook pages and profiles, runs dodgy competitions and sells from his pages but then doesn't send the goods out. Lots of comments were posted on the sellers fb pages which were all deleted and the posters were banned from commenting.

I find it so annoying and unfair that he can get away with things like that and that they gave me a ban for a non abusive comment yet when my ban was lifted and i was allowed to have my say they didn't do a thing about it even though i sent them links to all his different pages and profiles.
  • emmaglet
    emmaglet Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    marleyboy wrote: »
    I mark them all as spam. ;)

If I'm feeling particularly holier than thou, I comment with a link to Facebook's terms and conditions.
    I like to make money
    Best wins: £3,000 luxury holiday, holiday in Cornwall, £250 Murad Skincare hamper, angle grinder

:j Make £10 a day challenger - it pays for trips to Florida! :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family