We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Furnishing an apartment

Hi,

I have a 1 bed apartment I have inherited which I would like to furnish (Ikea style!) for letting. Do you guys have any suggestions for a company that will do all this for you at a reasonable cost?

Thanks
«1

Comments

  • saverbuyer
    saverbuyer Posts: 2,556 Forumite
    Hi,

    I have a 1 bed apartment I have inherited which I would like to furnish (Ikea style!) for letting. Do you guys have any suggestions for a company that will do all this for you at a reasonable cost?

    Thanks

    How about Ikea???
  • saverbuyer wrote: »
    How about Ikea???

    Do Ikea unpack and build everything?

    I'm thinking of someone that will basically come in and decide what furnishing is required based on the apartment size etc and then purchase it all as well as building it.
  • saverbuyer
    saverbuyer Posts: 2,556 Forumite
    Do Ikea unpack and build everything?

    I'm thinking of someone that will basically come in and decide what furnishing is required based on the apartment size etc and then purchase it all as well as building it.

    I think they do a build service.

    A one bed shouldn't take much. Why not get a tape measure and pick some things from the Ikea catalogue? Or are you looking at replacing kitchen and bathroom too?

    There are people out there who you can pay to build your flat pack.

    You'll not get Ikea prices doing it the way you want.
  • Thanks. Might just do that. Yeah, I know I'll have to pay a premium for the extra service. Just wondering how much!
  • saverbuyer
    saverbuyer Posts: 2,556 Forumite
    Thanks. Might just do that. Yeah, I know I'll have to pay a premium for the extra service. Just wondering how much!

    I would imagine 50% premium. Easy.
  • tara747
    tara747 Posts: 10,238 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I'll do it for you.

    I'll charge, mind. :D
    Get to 119lbs! 1/2/09: 135.6lbs 1/5/11: 145.8lbs 30/3/13 150lbs 22/2/14 137lbs 2/6/14 128lbs 29/8/14 124lbs 2/6/17 126lbs
    Save £180,000 by 31 Dec 2020! 2011: £54,342 * 2012: £62,200 * 2013: £74,127 * 2014: £84,839 * 2015: £95,207 * 2016: £109,122 * 2017: £121,733 * 2018: £136,565 * 2019: £161,957 * 2020: £197,685
    eBay sales - £4,559.89 Cashback - £2,309.73
  • zoob
    zoob Posts: 582 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    http://www.flatpacksolutions.com

    This company has a good reputation for building units
  • mezza101
    mezza101 Posts: 171 Forumite
    100 Posts
    Hi,

    I have a 1 bed apartment I have inherited which I would like to furnish (Ikea style!) for letting. Do you guys have any suggestions for a company that will do all this for you at a reasonable cost?

    Thanks
    do you really need to furnish ikea style for letting??
  • ballyblack
    ballyblack Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Try Gumtree to furnish to let
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.