We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Bank of Choice

2»

Comments

  • Cotta
    Cotta Posts: 3,667 Forumite
    I've got:

    First Direct current account (to take advantage of the 6% on regular savings)
    Halifax (for the £5)
    Nationwide (for the 5% current a/c interest plus cashback c/c)
    Santander (only so I can use their e-saver for one of my H d/ds)

    Takes me about 3 mins to do all my transfers online when I get paid so all minimum payments in criteria is met.

    Just a FYI: Halifax doesn't appear to have a problem counting my Paypal as a d/d every month ;)

    Interesting setup - so your salary is paid into your Halifax account and you get £5 p/m for this. You then transfer this salary across to avail of the 6% regular saver with First Direct. I'm definitely missing a trick here.
  • wifeforlife
    wifeforlife Posts: 2,735 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    Cotta wrote: »
    Do Nationwide offer an incentive for having your salary paid into their account?

    No I just like them, and like having them as my long running main account
  • Cotta wrote: »
    Interesting setup - so your salary is paid into your Halifax account and you get £5 p/m for this. You then transfer this salary across to avail of the 6% regular saver with First Direct. I'm definitely missing a trick here.

    Pretty much, although First Direct is actually the one I get paid into. But yip, transfer First Direct into Halifax, then into Nationwide. Then I transfer just enough back into First Direct again to cover the s/o ££ going into my savings account (have to do that to meet the min coz wages are so cra...... ;))

    And to save even more time, I do it all on my mobile banking :)
    Wealth is what you're left with when all your money runs out
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.