opening a 2nd card with the same bank for stoozing?

Hi people,

I have a barclaycard which I was using for stoozing some time back - the interest free has run out and I have paid it off & put the direct debit to pay in full per month because I like the ability to use it for wireless payments...

However, just looked to see if I can get another 0% card in conjunction with my M&S one which has maxed out and is still on interest free.. the best deal is a barclaycard.

So - can I get another Barclay card account with 18 months interest free despite already having a credit card with them?

Are there any drawbacks doing this or anything I should know about? (lower chance due to already having an existing card with them etc, or not being subject to the free interest because I'm not strictly a new customer with them?)

Thanks

Comments

• BugsyBrowne
    BugsyBrowne Posts: 5,697 Forumite
    Can't believe people are still actually stoozing.. Ruin a credit file with maxed out cards for pennies....
  • a&akay
    a&akay Posts: 526 Forumite
    edited 4 November 2013 at 5:30PM
    Can't believe people are still actually stoozing.. Ruin a credit file with maxed out cards for pennies....

As a family we're still making £100+ per month free for about 30 mins of action to pay just over the minimum payments. We'll accept that. Accepted that the credit files reflect this but, from experience to-date, a 6 month period after cancelling CC accounts re-sets the stoozing cycle, time will tell.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure