Lloyds Fob Off

a&akay
a&akay Posts: 526 Forumite
As a serious stoozer of many years I took out the Lloyds 0% balance transfer for 15 months on 15 Oct 12 on a 1.5% fee as a no brainer as we recently, as a household, would make just less than 5% on Nationwide Flex for a non taxpayer. My Oct 13 statement said 0% interest for the next month, as expected. However just got my Nov 13 statement which said £66 interest. On querying with their so called credit card 24/7 helpdesk (not) I was told that my agreement was for 12 not 15 months. I said I would dig out my credit agreement and get back. Lo and behold 15 months as I originally told them, plus it says I would be informed on my statement when the deal was about to end. It doesn't, so beware that their database is rubbish if their operatives can't access original credit agreements.

Update 1: They say that this is the first time they've come across this but will credit the interest and end the deal on 15 months as per the written agreement. I suggested that if the operative can feed back they should make sure the statement warns of the impending end of 0% deal, as promised on the credit agreement, either 12 or 15 month so stoozers can take the appropriate action to challenge or not.

Update 2: This month is showing I've not met the minimum payment. I duly spent half an hour on the phone explaining that I have and that this is their mistake not mine and I would not expect a credit default. I've also complained to their banking accreditation body. Not expecting anything but live in hope.

Update 3. I duly complained to the accreditation body with no acknowlegement, as expected. However on my 5th call on this issue to Lloyds I had an instant response with a reference number to quote. This was followed by letter about their updating of the credit reference agencies, with a warning that there is a time lag of 6 to 8 weeks, over which they have no control. Fair enough, as the mistake was theirs from the start I await the outcome with interest.

Comments

• callum9999
    callum9999 Posts: 4,375
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    How were you fobbed off? You made them aware of a mistake and they fixed it. While irritating it happened in the first place, what exactly is wrong with their response?
  • ChopperST
    ChopperST Posts: 1,257
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Genuine mistake, rectified.

Goes to show you should always keep a copy of your contract.
  • a&akay
    a&akay Posts: 526 Forumite
    callum9999 wrote: »
    How were you fobbed off? You made them aware of a mistake and they fixed it. While irritating it happened in the first place, what exactly is wrong with their response?

That they were adamant that the agreement was for 12 not 15 months as I explained. They patently expected I would accept this and the interest and pay it. This is not a 24/7 help desk. The warning on this stooze forum is that they cannot access their database 24/7
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure