Return and refund for bathroom suite?

Options
Hi,

I bought a sink and toilet with associated vanity units and a mirrored wall cabinet using a credit card.

I took delivery on monday. The toilet vanity unit has a split in the side. The Mirror Wall cabinet has the mirror on crooked(its out by about 2 mm) and the corners of the door aren't painted properly(Its high white gloss material) and the vanity for the sink : one of the doors catches on the drawer above , the shelves inside are loose because the fixings don't fit properly and the material used for the shelves had breakout(looks as if a blunt blade has been used to cut it to size before fixing the edging strip)

Since all three units have faults I don't want an exchange , I want to send them back and get a refund and spend a bit more money elsewhere for decent quality stuff.

Since I paid with a credit card and I demand a refund?

Thanks for any advice
Starting MB- looking for Raf offers.

Amazon Club Sellers member 0015 come and join us make some space and get hold of some cash, we're on the Ebay and other auctions, Car Boot and Jumble Sales Board

Comments

• halibut2209
    halibut2209 Posts: 4,249 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Was this bought online or in-store?
    One important thing to remember is that when you get to the end of this sentence, you'll realise it's just my sig.
  • tabath
    tabath Posts: 493 Forumite
    Options
    I paid for it instore

Amazon Club Sellers member 0015 come and join us make some space and get hold of some cash, we're on the Ebay and other auctions, Car Boot and Jumble Sales Board
  • halibut2209
    halibut2209 Posts: 4,249 Forumite
    Options
    Then you need to tell them you are rejecting the goods under the Sale of Goods Act as they are not fit for purpose. They may try and offer a replacement or repair, but I personally would say that you haven't accepted the goods yet. Call them tomorrow and say you've just opened them, this is the condition, and you wish to reject the goods
    One important thing to remember is that when you get to the end of this sentence, you'll realise it's just my sig.
  • tabath
    tabath Posts: 493 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks, I will try that and see how it goes.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure