edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in House Buying, Renting & Selling
11 replies 1.2K views
2»

Replies

• RedfordMLRedfordML Forumite
    819 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    So I am selling my house and the EA valuations have come back at £115k and £119k. We want a quick sale and I want to put it on for offers over £100k. Am I crazy? The only reason I say this is that I know what all the problems are in this house it is damp and the windows have no handles. The boiler is broken and the rendering is blown. My fear is that if it is too cheap people will wonder why it is so cheap and think there are worse problems than there are. At the same time I don't want a nice couple to buy this house and then realise that there is no CH and the windows are permenently locked. and there is 3k of rendering work to be done at some point in the near future. I don't think this house is in bad shape and you could get it to a really great standard with about 7k and the houses in our area with all mod cons are selling for about 130k so theres a profit to be made. I'm so confused !

Based on that last sentence I would be looking to invest £7k into the house, so sort term outlay and debt but long term big profits!

No brainer...
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals