2 replies 524 views
areiaareia Forumite
47 Posts
Tenth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
hello

A couple of questions really
1.Have Eon put up there prices yet?

2, Have just been nosing the comparison sites I'm currently on paying cc quarterly I refuse to pay DD after two energy companies took money out of my account despite me ringing them in advance to stop payment causing unwanted hassle via the banks. I'm with Eon and British gas, and after trailing around it seems the comparisons site are saying I will save 200( ish) and when adding duel fuel to either BG or Eon, Eon comes off better than BG, and comparison npower a saving of 300 on the Energy fixed one year V5 I have been given various discount too ie loyalty etc..

When it says fixed, does it mean as they say FIXED, if I change today will any new price rises be inc in this tariff ( BT have a reputation of increasing while in contract )
Despite me giving them all my details that dreaded word estimate is on the page.

While I seem to have no problems in changing insurance companies and phone and internet companies, Energy ones cause me the most stress.

Replies

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_MalcFormer_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    6.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi areia

We've not increased our standard prices since 18 January 13.

Our fixed products are contracted for 1 or 2 years. We guarantee not to change the unit prices (both the Standing Charge and kWh price) for the duration of the contract.

If your usage changes, though, the amount you need to pay will also change.

With us, once a customer agrees to a contract, this will be honoured regardless of any subsequent price change.

Hope this helps.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • edited 31 October 2013 at 2:34PM
    macmanmacman Forumite
    48.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 31 October 2013 at 2:34PM
    areia wrote: »
    hello

A couple of questions really
    1.Have Eon put up there prices yet?

2, Have just been nosing the comparison sites I'm currently on paying cc quarterly I refuse to pay DD after two energy companies took money out of my account despite me ringing them in advance to stop payment causing unwanted hassle via the banks. I'm with Eon and British gas, and after trailing around it seems the comparisons site are saying I will save 200( ish) and when adding duel fuel to either BG or Eon, Eon comes off better than BG, and comparison npower a saving of 300 on the Energy fixed one year V5 I have been given various discount too ie loyalty etc.
    When it says fixed, does it mean as they say FIXED, if I change today will any new price rises be inc in this tariff ( BT have a reputation of increasing while in contract )
    Despite me giving them all my details that dreaded word estimate is on the page.

While I seem to have no problems in changing insurance companies and phone and internet companies, Energy ones cause me the most stress.

That's because telcoms contracts are not fixed price contracts (mobile or landline). They can increase prices any time they like. Fixed price energy contracts are just that-fixed kWh unit rates for the contract duration.
    You can expect Eon's variable rate tariffs to be increased within the next few weeks. since they're one of only two of the Big 6 not to have increased yet (and EDF have frozen prices until 1/1/14).
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals