Options
sky111
sky111 Posts: 76 Forumite
I checked USWITCH and EON has jumped right to the top with
Fixed Price I year V5 :j:j:j

Bet this won't make the news

Comments

• E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi sky111,

I just want to make it clear, we haven't actually announced a price decrease.

We have launched two new tariffs,
    [FONT=&quot]E.ON Energy Fixed 1 Year v5 and Age UK Fixed 1 Year v5 for customers aged 60 or over.

So all the other tariff unit prices are currently the same.

The info of the tariffs are on the website.

As you know we can't go in to loads of details on here, but happy to answer questions if you need either myself or Malc :)

Helena
    [/FONT]
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Uglymug
    Uglymug Posts: 165 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Eon provide both my Gas and Electric.

I was on the E.ON Energy Fixed 1 Year v1 tariff which came to an end on Wednesday (30th Oct). I've kept an eye on Eons tariffs for the last few weeks with a view to arranging another fix.

I was going to change to E.ON Energy Fixed 1 Year v4 which meant my yearly payment was going to increase from about £1120 to £1170. When the time came to change the E.ON Energy Fixed 1 Year v5 had just been introduced - this took my yearly payments to about £1136. This means based on last years usage my energy bill has gone up by about £16. This is an increase of less than 1.5%

A big WELL DONE to Eon.

I just don't understand what all the fuss is about.

Are all the news reports about Energy bills just scare mongering?

Shouldn't our politicians (mainly Ed Miliband) try to discuss things that matter instead of scaring us to vote for them?
  • Twiggy_34
    Twiggy_34 Posts: 685 Forumite
    Options
    I've just switched to E.ON Energy Fixed 1 Year v5 from E.ON's Energyplan tariff. More luck than judgement really as I've been looking at changing tariff's for a while but usually walk away undecided.

On the whole we've always received reasonably good customer service from E.ON, but knew we should be able to get cheaper options. I searched on Uswitch before and after switching, and the top 2 companies that could beat E.ON had questionable feedback regarding their customer service.

Switching to the new product from E.ON will save us approximately £100 compared to the old tariff. It only has a £10 exit fee which is low enough to be considered negligible if other opportunities offer high enough savings. As things currently stand though we get extra bonuses for having been with E.ON for 3+ years so, for the moment at least, it's worth staying put (well done E.ON, nice to see that some companies still reward customer loyalty! :T).
    £12k in 2019 #084 £3000/£3000
    £2 Savers Club 2019 #18 TOTAL:£394 (2013-2018 = £1542)
  • mailmannz
    Options
    What are the unit rates for gas, electricity and standing charge?

Mailman
  • Nada666
    Nada666 Posts: 5,004 Forumite
    Options
    mailmannz wrote: »
    What are the unit rates for gas, electricity and standing charge?

Mailman
    You want someone to list all 54 numbers? Look up the appropriate amounts for your region yourself.
  • mailmannz
    Options
    Never mind...found them. This isnt the "cheapest rate";

Standing charge 50.37ppd (£185.20 a year)
    Electricity 12.369p
    Gas 3.923p

Compared to EDF's Blue+Price promise
    Standing charge 45p per day (£164.25 per year)
    Electricity 12.17p
    Gas 3.727p

All prices are VAT inclusive.

Regards

Mailman
  • mailmannz
    Options
    Nada666 wrote: »
    You want someone to list all 54 numbers? Look up the appropriate amounts for your region yourself.

It would be helpful everytime someone said "I got the cheapest" if they simply posted what rate they are being charged so that people can make proper comparisons between price plans.

Mailman
  • Andy_WSM
    Andy_WSM Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer Rampant Recycler
    Options
    mailmannz wrote: »
    It would be helpful everytime someone said "I got the cheapest" if they simply posted what rate they are being charged so that people can make proper comparisons between price plans.

Mailman

No can do as each area is charged a different rate. I couldn't care less what someone in Scotland pays, it's meaningless to me in the SouthWest - even more meaningless when posters don't say where they actually live.

It's not like buying an item from a supermarket that's charged the same wherever you live unfortunately.
  • mailmannz
    mailmannz Posts: 311 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 4 November 2013 at 12:20PM
    Options
    Understanding how someone came to their decision doesnt just satisfy my curtain twitcher instincts but also helps others to see for themselves where these cheapest suppliers are in a up front, transparent way.

Additionally...how do you know x person is not in the same area as y person asking to see what kind of rate they are getting?

Regards

Mailman
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family