Old Mortgage - PPI Possible?

Options
Hi All,

My mother took out a mortgage on the family home 18 or so years ago, it's still active and running.

Is there a possibility PPI was sold with it (back then?) or later added?

Thanks.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If it's still active and running, ask your provider if it has PPI. Even if it does, most mortgage PPI complaints are rejected, what reasons would you have for complaint?
  • caan420
    Options
    I shall do that tomorrow, I'm just looking through all my mother's mortgage documents, from the original start date throughout. There also seems to be some Home Insurance or something attached to the mortgage, not sure if that's still active, but it looks like they've added a load of products to the mortgage that my mother wasn't aware of.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,385 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is there a possibility PPI was sold with it (back then?) or later added?

Probably best asking your mum rather than asking people on the internet who do not have access to her bank statements.
    I'm just looking through all my mother's mortgage documents, from the original start date throughout.

That probably wont help. One of the reasons most MPPI complaints are not upheld is that MPPI is mostly standalone and not built into the mortgage.
    There also seems to be some Home Insurance or something attached to the mortgage, not sure if that's still active, but it looks like they've added a load of products to the mortgage that my mother wasn't aware of.

What are these loads of products?
    Typically you find the only things that can be added for payment with the mortgage are home insurance and ASU (a form of MPPI).

None of these can be added without knowledge and they appear on the annual statement as well as, for the home insurance, getting an annual renewal letter.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure